Cabo Pulmo/La Paz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used Karen from info@adventuresinbaja.com

She handled land and sea tours. Drove me everywhere didn't even have to rent a car. Custom itinerary whatever you ask for she can accommodate.

She's a licensed Cabo Pulmo guide so no additional issues.

Price was great too.

On trip advisor she is highly rated that's how I found her.

She's works with Nautilus Dive Tech dive shop. There's a good tech instructor there too.

Up to four customers so my sister and I just had another couple with us on some of the trip.

We may try to hit Cabo Pulmo this November. Do you remember the water temps around the end of November? I'm a polar bear, but the two guys that may go with me think 80 degrees is cold.

It's about 80! lol. I find it warm but it can get chilly after a few dives and heading back on the panga with the wind.
Bringing a towel to wrap yourself in is prudent depending on how cold you get.

A lot of the local divers wear thicker suits than I do - I only wear a lavacore hooded vest, or maybe a shorty 2-3mm). Some wear a 5mm, others go thicker. They're just acclimated to the local water there.

I'll be there Nov 25 - dec 4! Say howdy if you do come down!

It's about 80! lol. I find it warm but it can get chilly after a few dives and heading back on the panga with the wind.
Bringing a towel to wrap yourself in is prudent depending on how cold you get.

A lot of the local divers wear thicker suits than I do - I only wear a lavacore hooded vest, or maybe a shorty 2-3mm). Some wear a 5mm, others go thicker. They're just acclimated to the local water there.

I'll be there Nov 25 - dec 4! Say howdy if you do come down!
If we're there, we will! We're supposed to be in Xcalak for Thanksgiving but we might still be in CP on the 25th.

If we're there, we will! We're supposed to be in Xcalak for Thanksgiving but we might still be in CP on the 25th.

November will creep up fast and flights will get pricier and filled! Figure it out and if you come to CP, I usually throw a potluck dinner on one night!

November will creep up fast and flights will get pricier and filled! Figure it out and if you come to CP, I usually throw a potluck dinner on one night!
We'd be hopping on a Volaris or Interjet flight from CUN, and those aren't the ones that really fill up/sell out. It's all just gonna depend on the Cozumel situation. We'd normally dive 7-10 days there, but with the reef closures, it's gonna be a lot more crowded and some of my favorite spots are closed. I have a feeling 4-5 days is gonna be enough for me and I'll be ready for something new around November 20th.

We'd be hopping on a Volaris or Interjet flight from CUN, and those aren't the ones that really fill up/sell out. It's all just gonna depend on the Cozumel situation. We'd normally dive 7-10 days there, but with the reef closures, it's gonna be a lot more crowded and some of my favorite spots are closed. I have a feeling 4-5 days is gonna be enough for me and I'll be ready for something new around November 20th.

Well come on over!

seriously, if you do, i'll be at baja bungalows.
As soon as you enter there's a space to the right of the entrance which is the palapa suite outdoor kitchen/bar area and a 2 story house.
I'll be staying there. My friends will be at the upstairs portion of the big house and bottom part of the main house is being rented by some other scubaboard members traveling separately. :-D
If i'm not diving, or eating lunch at La Palapa or Tacos & Beer, or finding dinner, then I'll be there most likely editing photos! hahhaaa

seriously, if you do, i'll be at baja bungalows.
As soon as you enter there's a space to the right of the entrance which is the palapa suite outdoor kitchen/bar area and a 2 story house.
I'll be staying there. My friends will be at the upstairs portion of the big house and bottom part of the main house is being rented by some other scubaboard members traveling separately. :-D
If i'm not diving, or eating lunch at La Palapa or Tacos & Beer, or finding dinner, then I'll be there most likely editing photos! hahhaaa
Are you guys flying into SJD and renting a car?

Are you guys flying into SJD and renting a car?

normally i wouldn't. I was ready to hire a shuttle.
But one in my group wants to because she wants to take some day trips (and not dive everyday! go figure!)
So yes, for this trip a car will be rented. I'll pitch in a portion but I'm only going to sit in it to/from the airport!

normally i wouldn't. I was ready to hire a shuttle.
But one in my group wants to because she wants to take some day trips (and not dive everyday! go figure!)
So yes, for this trip a car will be rented. I'll pitch in a portion but I'm only going to sit in it to/from the airport!
We'll definitely get a car, for sidetrips, maybe a couple of days in La Paz and stocking up at the grocery store.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom