Best video editing software for windows?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree, if it is free it isn’t likely to be worth your time.

I use LightworksPro and it isn’t cheap. But the interface is excellent and the output is versatile and great quality.
You need to check out the free version of devinci resolve then.,.. just saying

I agree, if it is free it isn’t likely to be worth your time.

I use LightworksPro and it isn’t cheap. But the interface is excellent and the output is versatile and great quality.

Da Vinci Resolve is free (for hobby use anyway) and it is a very powerful editor. It could do with a bit of work on the UI to make it easier for hobbyist users but that is not what it was created for. If a user is willing to invest the time, it will give great results.

There is a free version of Lightworks. It is somewhat crippled with regard to output formats but I think it has plenty for everyone doing amateur stuff.

25 years ago Friends was being cut with it.

I use corel video studio ultimate. It's pretty affordable and let's you do a good bit with good video output options.

I use Shotcut. OpenSource/public domain software. Very powerful for a free program. Dashboard and features are very similar to DaVInci Resolve, but I found tons of how to videos on YouTube for Shotcut and learned it first!

Some samples of finished product edited with Shotcut. No colour or exposure changes made, just cutting and clipping, and adding music. Title & credit sequences were made with plain old Windows movie maker!

I use Shotcut. OpenSource/public domain software. Very powerful for a free program. Dashboard and features are very similar to DaVInci Resolve, but I found tons of how to videos on YouTube for Shotcut and learned it first!

Thx.... I guess you found that to be malware free / virus free?
Can I download from here ? THANKS!
Shotcut - Download

Yes, that's the legit site for it, but as always, use a reliable virus scanner on it anyway while downloading and unpacking it no matter where you download from!

Entry-level:
Windows Movie Maker – Already discontinued by Microsoft, but you can install it by installing Windows Live Essentials 2012. See more information about get Movie Maker in Win10
Video Tutorial: no need any tutorials.

A bit advanced, but relatively easy:
Openshot – Open-source and free. You would have more control for your desired outcome. It works like commercial editing software, but very very easy to get approached by following 3 to 5 tutorials. See detailed information about Openshot in its official site
Video Tutorial:
Industry-level
Davinci Resolve - It is freely offered by Blackmagic, which has very impressive color grading capability. Rendering is much more efficient than Premiere Pro. See it’s the interface, you know how powerful it could be.
Foto-de-capa-2-1220x600.jpg

If you’d like jump to Premiere Pro: [doen't meet your requirements as this is a paid option)
Some good tutorials you can follow:
(5-hours tutorial)

Back
Top Bottom