Advice on Used Equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You're getting a steal!
Even with a full service of all three regs and a computer battery change, that's a great deal for superbly designed equipment. And the titanium barrel of the second stage will last forever.
That service cost should be in the range of $200.
$30/reg labor
$10 battery change
$25-35 each service kit
$7 battery

I figure at this price I will purchase and sell or trade the BCD if needed.

I picked up the equipment yesterday. Everything seems to be in great shape. The BCD fits with plenty of room for a wet suit. For an additional 20 bucks I got a Henderson Gold Core 7/5. It’s a little tight in the chest and shoulders but I’ll dive in it before I decide to sell or trade it. It’s a large but I think I need a xl or a xls

Update on gear. I dropped everything off at the shop. The B1 main secondary needed to be upgraded. But all in all everything is in good shape. However I was talked into changing my safety secondary. The one on it was a combo secondary and BCD fill valve. After some discussion I changed it over to two separate parts, normal style. So for a total of about 500 I'm good to go.

I picked up the equipment yesterday. Everything seems to be in great shape. The BCD fits with plenty of room for a wet suit. For an additional 20 bucks I got a Henderson Gold Core 7/5. It’s a little tight in the chest and shoulders but I’ll dive in it before I decide to sell or trade it. It’s a large but I think I need a xl or a xls
Goldcores were nice, but I am convinced the lining stiffened and shrunk over time. Do not automatically go up a size in Henderson based on that fit, be sure to try on again when shopping new.

Thanks for the heads up on the suit. I'll post it and see what I can get out of it. Seems to be in good shape but to tight in the shoulders and neck. Not sure about my shoulders but my chest is about is around 47 and my neck is 17.5.

My 5/3 Quicksliver is a XLS and seems to fit well. I hope to jump in the pool tomorrow with all my gear and the 5/3 so I can set my weight. But I think I'll use my neighbor pool. The one at the shop is very warm.

If you can get into the wetsuit go one size smaller, as my LDS owner likes to say!

He also repeatedly tells me “Don’t stop now” whilst purchasing stuff. He is a riot.

Back
Top Bottom