Olympus TG4 darkens exposure considerably on zoom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It sounds like if you stay wide you are OK, albeit with a slow shutter speed. I think the solution may involve adjusting you shooting style if you are doing wide angle stay at the widest and try and get closer. Only use the zoomed in settings for macro subjects where you get 100% illumination from the flash? At least in darker waters. You can always shoot at f2 - it is about equivalent to f11 on full frame.

Yes- I was thinking along those lines too. My other half though loves to get character shots of fish - medium range zoomed portraits but clearly that just is not working out. I also have Mike Bartick from Backscatter looking into it. Thanks for your help Chris and others.

Don't know if this helps, it fits the "fish portrait"?

TG-4 in A-mode with auto ISO & auto WB: f/4.4, 1/80, ISO-200, 0 exp comp, 14mm focal length = 80 @ 35mm focal length

I have two x Inon S-2000's in STTL mode and the camera set to fill flash

P9150799-edit-web.jpg

Back
Top Bottom