Been a lurker for a while, so decided to join and say HI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sluggoaafa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello everyone,

As the title says, been a lurker of the site for a while, and have enjoyed many of the great conversations and insights to do's and don'ts.

Figure it was time to finally get myself on board and say hi and maybe to start joining in on some of the conversations!!!!

Welcome to SB. I did a dive 2 days before Dorian came through---here. The eye passed over Halifax then over our house as a Category 2 by then.

Welcome to ScubaBoard membership! We're glad to officially have you!

Thanks Richard,

Just finished 8 dives in Fort Lauderdale (a week after Dorian came through), completing my AOW. Who knows where my next couple/few dives may be.

Hello! I am flying into Ft Lauderdale around holiday time. Where do you recommend I dive? Is there a dive shop you can recommend. I'm still a newbie diver (only about 20 dives) and so usually like a Dive Master to tour me of new areas. Let me know.. thanks!

Hello! I am flying into Ft Lauderdale around holiday time. Where do you recommend I dive? Is there a dive shop you can recommend. I'm still a newbie diver (only about 20 dives) and so usually like a Dive Master to tour me of new areas. Let me know.. thanks!

I’m a super newb too. Literally just the certification dives as a disclaimer for my little opinions. My buddy moved away so I’ve been searching out boats with guides. There’s so many wrecks here to explore.

seaxp is my favorite so far. They go out daily and do 2 dives, a wreck and a reef dive. You can hire a guide for $45. The trip itself is $65 plus your rental gear. Seems like the beat deal and they’re always nice and helpful when I call them with questions.

for a dive shop I like pineapple scuba. They’ve got 2 locations and one has a pool on site. I did my certification through a different company, they’re just cool guys and I got my RX mask through them. You can buy a card from them for $25 I think is the membership fee for the year, and then that gets you 10-15% off gear and their boat trips. They only go on the weekends though and I’m unavailable for those.

have fun when you’re here!

Back
Top Bottom