Where Is Most Affordable Place On Little Cayman For 1 Person?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@cleung When you are making plans to visit LC keep in mind that most of the businesses on the island, including Paradise Villas and its' affiliated restaurant The Hungry Iguana, the Southern Cross Club, and Pirates Point - all shut down every summer from August through October. LCBR is the only resort that stays open all year round.

The article below is from 2015 but many of the LC businesses have continued to consistently shut down every year during the late summer and early fall.

Little Cayman's big summer shutdown | Cayman Compass

@cleung When you are making plans to visit LC keep in mind that most of the businesses on the island, including Paradise Villas and its' affiliated restaurant The Hungry Iguana, the Southern Cross Club, and Pirates Point - all shut down every summer from August through October. LCBR is the only resort that stays open all year round.

The article below is from 2015 but the LC businesses have continued to consistently shut down every year during the late summer and early fall.

Little Cayman's big summer shutdown | Cayman Compass

I'll probably opt not to go down there during the summer anyway since it would be smack in the middle of hurricane season. So late fall and late spring would be my target times.

I'll probably opt not to go down there during the summer anyway since it would be smack in the middle of hurricane season. So late fall and late spring would be my target times.

If you are thinking of late Fall this year, then the Holiday Package that LCBR is currently advertising begins Nov 16, 2019:

Dive Free with 2019 Holiday Travel | Little Cayman Beach Resort

Air bnb was just legalized in Cayman about a year ago. I cannot speak for or endorse the options but know when my kids travels it is an option they use regularly and have had many delightful experiences. For a single it may be ideal.

Air bnb was just legalized in Cayman about a year ago. I cannot speak for or endorse the options but know when my kids travels it is an option they use regularly and have had many delightful experiences. For a single it may be ideal.

I actually use Airbnb more than at hotels during travels now so I'm a fan of that system. Just not a lot of listings on Little Cayman yet, maybe because of the lack of many private homes since most Airbnb listings tend to be rooms within homes or entire apartments. I see many more listed for Grand Cayman and other Caribbean islands. And as somebody already pointed out, even if there were more listings on Little Cayman, if the distance to the dive shops require rental cars, then this might wipe out the savings.

Actually, late fall (October/November specifically) is a time when the Caymans are more likely to get hit with a tropical system based on the last 25-30 years of data. It is also a time when they tend to get winds out of the NE and North more frequently then earlier in the fall and late summer. When the wind is out of the ne and n, it tends to blow out the conditions on the Bloody Bay Wall and Jackson’s Bight, which are the two areas with the best diving on Little Cayman. If you are looking for cheaper packages/lodging, and the best diving conditions, August/September are the times you want to look at. Late spring is high season, and the time you are pretty much least likely to find bargains.

Actually, late fall (October/November specifically) is a time when the Caymans are more likely to get hit with a tropical system based on the last 25-30 years of data. It is also a time when they tend to get winds out of the NE and North more frequently then earlier in the fall and late summer. When the wind is out of the ne and n, it tends to blow out the conditions on the Bloody Bay Wall and Jackson’s Bight, which are the two areas with the best diving on Little Cayman. If you are looking for cheaper packages/lodging, and the best diving conditions, August/September are the times you want to look at. Late spring is high season, and the time you are pretty much least likely to find bargains.

I'm not sure about that. When you look at the history of major hurricanes to hit Cayman over the last 300 years, September and October have the highest frequency - but several of them were in early September and early October - and there were quite a few big storms in August and some in July and November, too. See the links below.

CAYMAN’S STORMY HURRICANE HISTORY - Hurricanes in Cayman

http://www.caymanprepared.ky/portal/page/portal/hmchome/resources/brochures/196853 Past Hurricanes.pdf

There's no guarantees about the weather no matter when you go. So you do your research and pick a date to travel when it makes the most sense for you - and you buy dive insurance and travel insurance. Then you hope for good weather and that you never have to use the insurance.

I tend to agree with Aggie. We are always aware of storms but the awareness is definitely heightened during the second part of the season. This week is heavy rain and thunder almost everyday and all day but in itself unusual. We have a snotty little system hanging about. That said everyone will be happy as long as it doesn’t develop into anything more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom