VPS-100 Vacuum pump and Seafrogs Sony A7 Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Iraida

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello,

I purchased both as I saw my Seafrogs Sony A7 housing in the list of compatible products for VPS-100 vacuum pump... But totally confused as to how to fit the pump onto the housing... Anyone used this combination and can possibly help?

Many thanks

I have the A6xxx Salted Line with the VPS-100 vacuum pump. The port on your A7 housing is on the left side just below the zoom knob. This unscrews and is replaced by the screw in 'electronic valve' that is in the VPS-100 box.

To us the pump, you unscrew the top cap from the 'electronic valve' and fit on (it is not a tight fit) the pump. I have seen some videos on youtube showing it in use. Here is a link to to the Seafrogs instructions, about half way down: VPS-100 Pre-Dive vacuum leak check system

And a link to the youtube video:

Thank you very much.... I also checked with the seafrogs and apparently my old-ish model for Sony A7 does not have this port...... The one listed as compatible is Sony A7 NG housing... and I guess NG models would have this port - similar to yours...
So now decision - sell the pump or buy NG housing!! :-(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom