Transfers to Puerto Galera about to become even more difficult?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the past I've used Asia Divers private banka for the crossing and once to pick a couple of friends and myself up at Crystal Blue when we were staying there also.

Thanks @outofofficebrb for that link, although I think I'm mainly "dived out" with PG and prefer the relative quietness of Anilao these days, plus my own guide and banka.

For Anilao where do you stay and what is the cost for the guide/boat for diving per day? How many dives per day ? Thank you

For Anilao where do you stay and what is the cost for the guide/boat for diving per day? How many dives per day ? Thank you

PM Sent

I was at Asia Divers in April/May 2019 and we took their private bangka. I am not sure if that is still running in addition to the Mindoro Sprinter or not but it was convenient. :)
No banca whatsoever I am afraid.
Mindoro Sprinter should provide regular service regardless of seat sell so customer can plan months ahead. And not accepting credit card/Paypal is another issue.
Anyone know how to get to the Ilaya or Lamao if arriving at Batangas on public bus?

Public bus to Batangas Pier, High speed boat to Calapan and private transfer arranged by the resort in PG would be easier and flexible.

No banca whatsoever I am afraid.
Mindoro Sprinter should provide regular service regardless of seat sell so customer can plan months ahead. And not accepting credit card/Paypal is another issue.
Anyone know how to get to the Ilaya or Lamao if arriving at Batangas on public bus?

Public bus to Batangas Pier, High speed boat to Calapan and private transfer arranged by the resort in PG would be easier and flexible.

Lets give the Sprinter a chance here...they really have just started in the last week or two and I imagine it will take a month or two to smooth things out. To get over to Ilaya it would look like a trike as it is very near the main terminal. Lamao seems a bit further away from what I have see. When I go in mid September I will take a van from Manila to be flexible in case something happens at the last moment for the Sprinter. I think many of the hotels and places like Atlantis would be foolish not to recommend this service to their guests. the small increase in cost vs public when compared to going to Muelle Pier and then a trike ride and then the haul your bags to your resort/hotel is priceless. I agree on the payment in advance although they will accept cash. For planning I agree they cant leave a passenger or two stranded because they didn't have enough passengers however I am thinking planning months in advance isn't needed either. A week or so ahead of my planned trip I will check FB for the schedule and contact them to confirm what boat I will be on and when I arrive I will expect the boat to be there. One thing that will impact their plan for success will be inconsistent and last minute cancellations..if this happens their business plan will sink faster than the Sprinter in 10 foot seas...

In the past I've used Asia Divers private banka for the crossing and once to pick a couple of friends and myself up at Crystal Blue when we were staying there also.

Thanks @outofofficebrb for that link, although I think I'm mainly "dived out" with PG and prefer the relative quietness of Anilao these days, plus my own guide and banka.
How was Crystal Blue? I would just use the dive shop and not stay there.

How was Crystal Blue? I would just use the dive shop and not stay there
I think I've done 7 trips there now, it's very very good.

Private boat and guide, dive time limited to how long you can last with an AL80.

Food is not quite 5 star but good wholesome food and the staff are wonderful.

I think I've done 7 trips there now, it's very very good.

Private boat and guide, dive time limited to how long you can last with an AL80.

Food is not quite 5 star but good wholesome food and the staff are wonderful.
Good to know. I’ll be staying close by and have contacted CBR, Arthur’s and J Club. The first 2 charge about the same per dive ($45) the 3rd charges 1500 per dive and offer free lunch with 2 dives.
Only thing is they don’t offer nitrox where CBR and Arthur’s do.

Hey @GirlonFire could you share any tips on how you got Crystal Blue to agree to let you book just diving? I inquired about doing that a few years ago but they said no. Would love to know how you persuaded them. PM me if you prefer.

Good to know. I’ll be staying close by and have contacted CBR, Arthur’s and J Club.

Select the vessels carefully because some of them are really NOT worth the bother.
Ocean Jet get my vote..
I wonder how long would take Super Cat to join in for the fun?

BTW, the docking facility at Balatero is really BAD or actually non existence! A proper terminal is urgently required.

Back
Top Bottom