Unknown parts found in my luggage - Broken?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joelage

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Greetings brains trust!

Just got back from a dive trip and found this small part loose in the bag. Not sure where or what it is from. Could this be SCUBA related?

Photos (Next to a ruler in mm)

Thanks in advance.

2019-10-04 12.11.21.jpg
2019-10-04 12.11.32.jpg

That's 4mm wide - too small for a bottle cap. Maybe a screw cover or rubber leg of a device or something?

Anyhow, orange color is usually used to attract attention. So if it was part of your Scuba kit you would have noticed it before, wouldn't you?

I think/guess it would most probably be part of the bag/suitcase or something that accidentally felt inside it during the trip.

Looks like HP/LP hose end cover to me.

Maybe someone threw it in there to mess with you. Like we use to do to each other when I was younger and building Engines and stuff. Just walk by and add a few little pieces and parts to the bin and then watch them stress when they finish with leftover parts. :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Time for a new gauge......

I've not seen a blowout plug that wasn't just a simple stopper. However, forget I said that as I've got a ton (well a few) of BAR SPG I'm having trouble getting rid of of eBay. PM me if you're interested in a used gauge.

Edit: I stand corrected after checking a few of the gauges I have. A few of them do indeed have a plastic plug and probably as seal around it. If your gauge got salt water in the case it's life expectancy is short-if fresh water it may last a bit longer. However; if the plug blew out there is a defect in the bourdon tube and the gauge is trash. If the plug just fell out you may be able to re-insert it.

To test for a defective bourdon tube SLOWLY pressurize the gauge with the tank valve open just enough to allow gas into your regulator and gauge. Listen for a tiny hiss coming from the gauge. If you hear one, turn off the pressure and toss the gauge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom