Where in Hawaii to get best dive pkg deals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miserkris

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello I once dove in Hawaii Big Island with Jack's diving Locker I did a 2 tank dive it was beautiful but as everyone is aware Hawaii is very expensive for diving and staying and eating e.t.c.

I guess all four islands are excellent for diving, does anyone know where I can get the cheapest package for 4 days of boat diving 2 dives per day, so that's totaling 8 dives. I also will be renting BC and regulator.

Which OP gives the best deals and also has well maintained gear..?

Not planning immdtly but eventually in a year.
Just returned from cozumel and dive pkg costed me incl rental ~ 550 for 4 days. Cozumel is great$ wise!

Thx
Kris

Don't know if its the cheapest but we recently went with Big Island Divers, did 6 dives including 2 night.
Their shop and rental gear were top notch, as were the boats, food/snacks and dive masters.
Highly recommended.

How much was big island divers?

Are you looking for just Big Island or any of the Hawaiian Islands? We offer a 10 Dive Package here on Oahu with all gear included for $595. That's 5 days of 2 tank boat dives here with our team. Let me know!

Great that included bc, reg...

What dive sites, do you take them to adjacent islands.?.. molokini would be great! That's why....

Molokini (Maui) is a long way from Oahu - 115 miles. If you want to dive it look for a boat out of Kihei.

About the omly inter-island dives are Maui to Lanai, Molokai or Molokini. (technically a crater).

There's also Kauai to Ni'ihau in the summer but those trips are all day abd IIRc around $200 extra.

In Feb. 2013 I did 6 dives (3 days) with Jacks on the Big Island - used my own gear - also paid for 2 snorkeling manta ray tours with them - $643.75 is what I paid to Jacks, total. Can't recall if that included the tips. Also did a whale watch tour, charter fishing, helicopter ride, dinner cruise, luau, and visited a couple of places like Volcano NP and the black and green beaches - all in 7 days! It was our best pre-planned and most expensive 1 week, or 2 week for that matter, trips until we were in Kauai and Oahu for 13 days earlier this year. Three days of diving in Kauai with Fathom Five Divers was $525 which included a rental wetsuit and tips. $5166 for 1 week in Kona vs $6586 for 13 days in Kauai/Oahu which included airfare, rooms, and all activity.

Will be back on the Big Island for 2 weeks at the end of the month - we got airfare round trip for $22.80 total using miles so I won't feel bad about doing more diving. Staying more north in Waikoloa this time and have looked up a few dive ops. Prices for 2 tank boat dive range between $140-155. Also want to do the Magic Pelagic this time (and the manta snorkel again) as I don't know that I'll go back to Hawaii again, at least in the foreseeable future.

@diversteve beat me to it, but I was going to say that the side trips to islands for diving really shoot the price up.

If it was me, I’d think about what else I wanted to do in Hawaii and choose island based on that. There’s great shore diving on all the islands so you can save a few bucks there if you want. Small shore diving groups also give you the longest dives - I shore dive every weekend and 60min is now considered a short dive for me. You use less air at shallower depths and it seems more relaxed so it’s easy to stay calm and conserve air.

What kinds of dives do you like, or what do you like to see?

If your goal is purely to get the ‘best’ boat dives, then you’re not looking at the cheapest options. Niihau (from Kawai) is often considered some of the best diving here. Molokini Crater (back side) and the coast of Lanai (both accessed from Maui) are very good.

There's far less shore diving optioms on Kauai - Koloa Landing is a good dive south year round, Tunnels on the North Shore is hard to access (parking) and shuts down in winter.
I read Ahukini was permanently closed to divers by the fishermen.

Sheraton Caverns is too far out and the current flows out, occasionally they have to rescue someone.

Nice boat dives though at Sheraton Caverns, Fast Lanes, Brebbeke's Ledge or the Na Pali Coast on the west side. Plus Ni'ihau in the Summer - costs extra.

Are you looking for just Big Island or any of the Hawaiian Islands? We offer a 10 Dive Package here on Oahu with all gear included for $595. That's 5 days of 2 tank boat dives here with our team. Let me know!

Sorry took so long , just booked tickets . I will be in Oahu APR 8 - 16. Wanna do 3 days of diving ( 2 tanks each day ) on APR 13,14,15. What would be the best rate ?
Will you take me to the best sites in Oahu ..what sites. Pls lmk incl renting of BC, reg.... and need bigger tank!
THANKS !!
Kris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom