Servicing Aqualung Titan LX Supreme 1st stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At a slight cost of performance. WOB for Core is 0.80 joules/liter, while Core Supreme is 0.84.
Keeping a lower IP ( 8,5 ) instead of 9,5, if you reajust the opening effort of a suprem second stage ( 3.3 to 4.3 mbar) to the same value of the normal second stage (2.5 to 3.5 mbar), would the WOB be the same ?

Keeping a lower IP ( 8,5 ) instead of 9,5, if you reajust the opening effort of a suprem second stage ( 3.3 to 4.3 mbar) to the same value of the normal second stage (2.5 to 3.5 mbar), would the WOB be the same ?
Good question, but I don’t have an answer. My gut says it would be in between .84 and .80, but I don’t know that.

Likely similar, but would require asking aqualung if they tested that scenario on an ansti machine

Likely similar, but would require asking aqualung if they tested that scenario on an ansti machine
Now that I think of it, there is a similar scenario with test results available.
All of the current Legend 1st stages have the same IP setting whether Supreme or not. The only adjustment difference is in the 2nd stages. The WOB for the standard 2nd stages is 0.70 j/l and the Supreme is 0.74 j/l.

So, the 2nd stage cracking effort does have an effect on WOB, as expected. But how much of the differential of specs on the two Core versions is due to 1st or to 2nd tuning is still an unknown.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom