Scubapro Wings Quality

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am looking to buy their 6mm stainless backplate, wing and adjustable harness for diving up here at home with my drysuit. They have been very quick to respond to questions and have been very helpful. I like the 6mm plate will take weight off my weight belt, it's a donut wing, their wing does not require a STA, and their adjustable harness is simple and doesn't have any plastic parts. Sub Gravity has a really good reputation for customer service.

I am looking to buy their 6mm stainless backplate, wing and adjustable harness for diving up here at home with my drysuit. They have been very quick to respond to questions and have been very helpful. I like the 6mm plate will take weight off my weight belt, their wing does not require a STA, and their adjustable harness is simple and doesn't have any plastic parts. Sub Gravity has a really good reputation for customer service.

Have been reading more about their gear. Agree with all the positives you mentioned. Also liked their adjustable harness, although from what I read in another thread the adjustment seems more for easy of doning than true adjustment

Adjustable Backplate harness advice

Have been reading more about their gear. Agree with all the positives you mentioned. Also liked their adjustable harness, although from what I read in another thread the adjustment seems more for easy of doning than true adjustment

Adjustable Backplate harness advice

That thread is talking about putting a Sub Gravity harness slider on the bottom of a backplate to make it easier to get in & out of a continuous one piece harness not their adjustable harness. I would email them if you have any questions, they are very helpful and quick to respond to emails.
SubGravity Backplate Harness Slider - Subgravity

That thread is talking about putting a Sub Gravity harness slider on the bottom of a backplate to make it easier to get in & out of a continuous one piece harness not their adjustable harness. I would email them if you have any questions, they are very helpful and quick to respond to emails.
SubGravity Backplate Harness Slider - Subgravity
Thanks. Yes, I will give them a call. Also sent them a question about the material of their inner bladders. Seems like most manufacturers use urethane (VDH, Oxycheq, subgravity?), while a smaller number use urethane-coated nylon (halcyon, deep6) ... not really sure if one is better than the other.

Only have read good things about both halcyon and oxycheq wings, so probably the two mayerials are perfectly fine.

Only have read good things about both halcyon and oxycheq wings, so probably the two mayerials are perfectly fine.

I have owned many of both Halcyon and Oxycheq wings. They are both good to go. I prefer the Halcyon for travel as it packs up smaller but otherwise its a hard choice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom