Can SeaLife Sea Dragon Strobe (Flash) Be a Slave without FO cable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DevilEyeDog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
In this moment of creating an obvious subject line I think about the strange ads or products sites may offer me using the words like dragon and slave. That internet is always watching for key words. :)

But seriously, does anyone know? I can't seem to find the information in the manual. It appears to have a sensor in the front of the strobe, but on quick testing no dice.

Yes, I can simply just run a cable to both strobes, but it is the curiosity factor that is causing me to ask. Can it be a slave without a fiber optic cable?
If yes, how? I flashed another strobe a bunch in to it's forward facing "eye" and nothing.

Thanks!

I haven't gotten mine out to test, but generally you need the strobe head pointed right at the other light source to trigger it as a slave without a cable, which isn't a useful strobe position in most shooting situations. I would just go for the cable and not need to worry about it! Guarantee you'll get better images as a result :- )

Thanks. Yes, I tried that and no dice. I gather it has something to do with the sync thing.

Back
Top Bottom