Sharp dive knife that won't rust?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You want one of these:

You're darn right i want one of those!

That's AWESOME! If I'm carrying a bunch of otherwise useless lead, why the heck wouldn't I swap some of it out for an awesome tool like that!?!

Might not include it as part of my travel kit though...

You're darn right i want one of those!

That's AWESOME! If I'm carrying a bunch of otherwise useless lead, why the heck wouldn't I swap some of it out for an awesome tool like that!?!

Might not include it as part of my travel kit though...

$199 + $18 shipping!

I never take my stuff out during washing or diving, but
if I do it's the shears or to put some orange enamel on

full.jpg

there's no better fun and mental excitement than shore diving in the ocean with real tools

BFK

full.jpg

BFH

full.jpg

strapped around the thigh or the calf

Underneath my John Chatterton website link

I have my Diving Equipment Specialties link

A perfectly fine set of trauma shears costs $5. You can throw them away if they get rusty after a couple of years, but they still work fine even if rusty. They will cut pretty much anything better than a knife, and you are unlikely to injure yourself or damage your gear. They are also much better doing little topside jobs as well.

Years ago, in Mexico, I tried to cut a zip tie off of my regulator with a BFK, which led me to learn where to get a tetanus vaccine in Cozumel!

A backup Trilobite is a good idea too.

Seriously, unless you are a spearo, what is the advantage of a knife?

Worst case scenario of a mad shark encounter knives have a slight chance, i can't shear off shark fins!

Come on, just get a DGX ceramic line cutter and fight the sharks of with your bare hands!:wink:

Read the reviews. Might end up buying this thx.... DOESN'T RUST IN SW... WOW!

my only concern is how do folding knives behave when jabbing a shark lol...
Hope they don't "fold"....

The Spyderco Dragonfly Salt 2 locks solidly into place when opened. Opening is easy with the large thumb hole which I use as a clip point to attach to my harness with a SS S-Biner - yeah, I know I'll hear that it's a suicide clip. My reply - buzz off. It's never going to close in use. It is so good that I have retired my daily pocket knives in favor of the Dragonfly. It's feather light, a great size, sharpens to a razor edge, and holds the edge.

I do hope your shark jabbing is just tongue in cheek though. First, any shark that is large enough to want a piece of you is not going to be deterred by anything short of a very heavy charge bang stick. Second, and more important, unless you are deliberately doing somethng stupid to intentionally provoke an attack, you are almost certainly not going to be attacked by a shark.

The Spyderco Dragonfly Salt 2 locks solidly into place when opened. Opening is easy with the large thumb hole which I use as a clip point to attach to my harness with a SS S-Biner - yeah, I know I'll hear that it's a suicide clip. My reply - buzz off. .

What's the mention about suicide clip ? Something wrong with the biner S clip?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom