Long Steel Back Plate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dany, you guys are giants. I’m a shrimp. :D

There is a good market for long aluminum and steel backplates for RB divers. The RBs, as compared to sets of doubles, are too short to lay over your buttocks while diving and are just too short while gearing up. A frame and long backplate makes a great difference to a RB diver.
I've got 2 long steel backplates, one of which is permanently doing duty with a frame extension on my SF2, and a long alum plate for freshwater diving on my XCCR.

Michael

DSS Long on the second hand market is gonna be your best bet. I'm only 5'11" but I prefer it to a standard size.

6’5” and I use the long freedom plate, stainless locally and aluminum for travel. The DSS long was the plate that made me appreciate b/pw and with the bolt on weights it was amazing, the FP is just another step toward comfortable. You can get by with a standard plate, just adjust it lower. I also don’t use the hogatharian single piece webbing as I find it fits me poorly so I own style of harness which is the beauty of the b/pw concept so long as you avoid buying into these groups of conformists that insist their way is the only way.

i currently have a plate thats 15 3/4 but belt goes accross my belly button? Any longer ones? Maybe 18?

Think yourself lucky.
Mine is above my belly button at the bottom of the ribs, diaphragm.
I just leave it loose ish and hold everything together with the crotch strap.

I’m only 6 ft but I have short legs lol

Me too.
6' with 30' inseam
All body no legs.

Just got back from 10 days in Croatia, with my XCCR, the other long steel plate and a 3lb P-weight. Although the damn rig weighs over 56Kg it was perfectly weighted for the saltwater in Croatia, but I was really happy that I never had to climb up alongside the motor on a RIB.

Michael

you have to get it shipped to you, i dont think they have a us dealer

ScubaForce has a US distributor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom