Accumulated 02 following a large number of repetitive Nitrox dives over 3 days.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please take the off topic banter to PMs, thanks

You still haven’t quite got the hang of SB, I see.

Please take the off topic banter to PMs, thanks
Off topic? You made a thread stating you don’t understand the fundamentals of nitrox diving with your computer. Considering you don’t know the information at hand it’s completely on topic and relevant what agency taught you the information you claim to understand yet don’t. There is no logical explanation why you wouldn’t say who you got nitrox certified through unless your just not nitrox certified. Which I believe is the case. Saying who your agency was (mine was NASE) would give more information as to what curriculum you studied and what you did or did not learn.

Continuing to just say it’s off topic doesn’t help your cause, Or your claim. It’s also makes a lot more sense now why you were asking for local boat rentals here in south Florida and your adamant want to “avoid” charters. Might be hard to find a charter who’s going to let you do the diving you want when your not properly certified or trained. If I’m wrong. Prove it.

I read that with pulmonary toxicity, once you start feeling the breathing "issues", it'll still be a while before it gets serious. I'm not sure how it progresses in the eyes, though: the first sign is retinal detachment? @Duke Dive Medicine probably knows.

O2 toxicity of the retinas is more of a concern with premature infants. It's known as retinopathy of prematurity or retrolental fibroplasia. Re the lungs, the itching in the airway and the cough are the first sign of pulmonary O2 toxicity. It does take a while before permanent damage happens, but it's not something I'd recommend experimenting with.

Best regards,
DDM

Hi Astran,

My post is not meant to beat-you-up or pile-on. I think you should think about what you are doing (and writing) and consider some concepts:
  1. Rationalization;
  2. Projection;
  3. Normalizing Deviance; and,
  4. Cognitive Dissonance.
As I read your posts, I feel you are marginally entering the zones for some of the psychological concepts listed above.

If you had responded to some of the questions regarding your next set of dives under similar conditions with:
  • I will use tables to follow my O2 exposure and use my Oceanic computers as back-up devices; or,
  • I will buy a different computer that does not use a theory based on a 24 hr rolling window, but a computer that uses a theory similar to the Shearwater programming (02 half-life);
I would have thought you to be thinking logically (even though I would not take those actions).

As it is, I am not witnessing responses that are rational and logical.

The analogy to Russian Roulette is pertinent to this thread. The revolver you are proverbially using has a large number of charge holes, well beyond what a six-shooter has, but you are playing Russian Roulette, nonetheless.

Again, I am not trying to be a jerk or cute. This is how I feel about your thoughts and actions.

Also, don't jeopardize your ability to withstand high p02 while undergoing a table six chamber ride. Maintaining a reserve capacity for high P02 is a good thing if you get bent.

Have you thought about the consequences of high C02 combined with high P02? There are lots of variables that I don't understand at a clinical level, at all. So, I dive as safe as possible by staying well within prescribed limits.

Cheers,
markm

Saying who your agency was (mine was NASE) would give more information as to what curriculum you studied and what you did or did not learn.

The off topic banter started with a post about ANOTHER diver who posted about a dive to 200 ft without the use of a computer.

Do try to keep up?

You don't need a computer. I've performed many dives to 200' with no computer.

The off topic banter started with a post about ANOTHER diver who posted about a dive to 200 ft without the use of a computer.

Do try to keep up?
I’ve been keeping up this whole time. Where you still won’t say who your certificate agency is, Because your not nitrox certified, which why you don’t understand the information your computer is telling you. Still waiting for you to prove me wrong...........

I’ve been keeping up this whole time. Where you still won’t say who your certificate agency is, Because your not nitrox certified, which why you don’t understand the information your computer is telling you. Still waiting for you to prove me wrong...........

No, you got lost somewhere around page 7.

Here @Diver below 83, let me take your hand and lead you through the off topic banter in regard to determining the qualifications of a different diver who posted on this thread earlier. Think of it as a "trust me dive" for which you are clearly unqualified.

Hey, tell the rest if the story! Air? Single tank?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom