MAKO Spearguns: Perfect Fit or it's FREE

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We ship internationally, please place the item(s) in the shopping cart and the system will calculate shipping charges based on the address.

Thanks!

dano

Which one of your mask has the widest field of view?

I don't think we have ever tried to collect data on that question, so I can't offer an answer that would be considered "scientific".

If someone were to take a somewhat simplistic viewpoint and think that BIG masks are necessary to provide a wide view and small masks must necessarily provide a narrow view, they would be incorrect.

The Minimus mask is small with respect to the amount of face it covers. However, it provides a very wide field of view. Simple geometry explains how this is accomplished.

The MAKO "Mini" mask has a skirt which places the lenses EXTREMELY close to the eyes. This is similar to looking through a pair of sunglasses that sit close to your eyes. The geometry of the mask means there is little to no obstruction of peripheral vision. The mask skirt is shallow, so you can see down and to the side with near zero restriction.

mmm-side-view_dtl.jpg

Would love to try that, especially since most mask don't fit me, but the shipping to germany is unfortunately more expensive as the mask itself. :(

Do only SBers get to keep the mask because your website says this?

"If the Minimus mask is not the best fitting mask you have ever tried on, we will give you a full refund and we will pay for the shipping to send it back!"

Do only SBers get to keep the mask because your website says this?

"If the Minimus mask is not the best fitting mask you have ever tried on, we will give you a full refund and we will pay for the shipping to send it back!"

Thanks for the inquiry. Based on yesterday’s activities, it has come to my attention that my employee was following the current language on the website - when he initially indicated he would issue a call tag for a free return.

That was our PREVIOUS policy until a few weeks ago when we decided to institute an even more customer friendly policy.

Unfortunately, my web guy has been very busy and consequently, updating the website to reflect the NEW policy language slipped through the cracks. I’m hopeful that our website will be updated today to reflect the correct information which is listed in the first post on this thread.

So the short answer is: the policy that appears at the beginning of this thread is correct and applies to all our customers regardless of their participation in this excellent
forum.

Thanks
Dano

Hey Dano ..

I have seen your posts from folks that had lower nose irritation after diving and you recommended the Minimus. Both my wife and I have this with our current Aqualung Impression low volume masks. What makes your mask different from that and is there any concern to use for scuba diving vs. free diving and the differences? I don't want a dozen different masks LOL.

Thanks
Stan

Hey Dano ..

I have seen your posts from folks that had lower nose irritation after diving and you recommended the Minimus. Both my wife and I have this with our current Aqualung Impression low volume masks. What makes your mask different from that and is there any concern to use for scuba diving vs. free diving and the differences? I don't want a dozen different masks LOL.

Thanks
Stan

Stan:

I looked up the mask you referenced : Aqua Lung Impression Mask

UDRMIABK.jpg

It looks similar to the MAKO Minimus mask. It is my understanding that our mask is more similar to the AL mini mask, although our mask is different (and superior) in the way the mask strap attaches to the mask.

I can provide confirmation that the MAKO minimus mask is quite popular with many of our scuba diving customers. There is no problem with using it for scuba diving.

If you order the mask and find it less than satisfactory for any reason (including comfort), I will honor our warranty.

thanks

dano

Back
Top Bottom