DIR- GUE Balanced Rig Concept

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, it just slides over the bolts and sandwiches between the tanks and the plate. I like to put the weight in the lower pouch to counteract when the bottoms of the tanks kick up as they empty.

Thank you all for your helpful replies, hope to experience (and enjoy) true coldwater diving soon. Cheers!

Where will you be moving to? With thicker/loftier undergarments (Ex: Fourth Element Halo 3D) I use a Halcyon V-weight pouch with 4 lbs of lead when using my double HP100s (twin 12Ls) and Halcyon steel backplate. You can maybe do a weight check in a pool or towards the end of your dive to figure how much more weight you need to add.

Where will you be moving to? With thicker/loftier undergarments (Ex: Fourth Element Halo 3D) I use a Halcyon V-weight pouch with 4 lbs of lead when using my double HP100s (twin 12Ls) and Halcyon steel backplate. You can maybe do a weight check in a pool or towards the end of your dive to figure how much more weight you need to add.

not exactly moving anywhere, just visiting some diving friends in UK where i would want to visit scapa flow

High all!

I am a predominantly tech 1 warm water diver from asia, due to this, i have never needed to use a weight belt in my diving. The coldest i have dove was 18 degrees and that was manageable with just V weights.

I will be going to dive in colder conditions (400 gr undergarment) soon and would like to ask how do you guys distribute your weight? Hypothetically if i need to dump my weight due to a wing failure at depth, i might become too positive to hold my last stops? How do you guys go about rigging your kit to circumvent this issue?

Thanks in advance!

I always used a V weight and a weightbelt. The V weight kept some of the lead off my waist and shifted it a little higher. But to avoid tipping head down you may need heavier fins.

Tail weights are nice depending on total lead needed and your static trim. Plan on experimenting where you need lead relative to what is floaty in your drysuit (which is somewhat individual specific). Ideally you will be able to move weight around so your static trim is flat. Remembering that the further away the buoyant or sinky bits are (heavy manifold, light fins etc) the more of a lever they can act on you.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom