Ultimate Dive Truck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

threads merged

We value the dive community which is why we made The Ultimate Dive Truck rental concept a reality in Bonaire. It is our hope that this rental truck will make shore diving more enjoyable and more organized, not to mention, easier on the body.

EXCITING EARLY BIRD, BLACK FRIDAY PROMOTION:
In anticipation of the high season, we have 3 Ultimate Dive Trucks for rent!!
We are offering a limited "Black Friday" deal available for the first 10 reservations.
OFFER: $125 Off 7 day or more reservation (additional restrictions apply, see link for details)

https://local.google.com/place?id=16287788212247999968&use=posts&lpsid=2082560523591199460

Any end users here that have rented one? Thoughts on running something that size around Bonaire? Thoughts on 4 adults in the cab and a half?

Any end users here that have rented one? Thoughts on running something that size around Bonaire? Thoughts on 4 adults in the cab and a half?
Didn't have any issues with 5 of us in the truck. And with stations on all 4 corners plus the tailgate, plenty of room for all of us to gear up/ down at the same time.
There might be some parking lots that get a little tight, but they seem a little tight even in the regular rental trucks. So you might have to walk a little farther for dinner; can't find a better climate for an evening stroll!

just a preliminary review (I haven't gotten to bonaire yet...9 days away), but just completed the rental reservation

reserved online - fast, easy, simple, as it should be in this tech world

confirmation via email was immediate.

i had a few simple questions - can my wife drive also? simple answer was yes, that's included in the rental. love that. questions were answered immediately via email during daytime hours.

why i rented from ultimate - 1 - automatic trans - wife doesn't drive manual. 2 - looks like fun truck to try out. i've rented from poppy, and others on the island many times, and i love a beat up manual trans truck, but this looks like a nice option. 3 - meet me at the airport - yes, other rental companies do this, some don't. 7 suitcases, 2 teenagers, 1 wife, 1 mother in law - meet at airport makes the most sense. 4 - i just didn't trust avis to have my auto trans truck present and accounted for ready for us when we arrive.

again, this is an incomplete review, but I am more than please so far with the initial process. more to come after the trip.

rjf

So far, so good! We have been through the reservation process a month or so ago and I just confirmed for our trip in January. So far Stacy and Eric (the owners) have been really easy to work with and they respond to emails quickly, etc. It's obvious they take pride in their company and their product. The best trial will be how things go on the island, but so far they have not given us any reason to think they won't be awesome....I'll come back and let you guys know how it went for us.

Just got back from Bonaire and rented an Ultimate dive truck.

All in all - 5 stars *****

Truck was perfect. It really is the UDT. I can't find a negative about the truck at all or the whole rental experience. I've rented many trucks on the island, and every one of them has a negative.

1 - as stated earlier, reservation process was simple, and confirmation/communication was immediate.
2 - arrived on island, truck and Stacy and Eric were outside waiting for us. Less than 5 minutes later, we were on our way to our house. Paperwork was straightforward. Eric wasn't worried about the small scratches on the outside, admiting that he knew its a used truck, its supposed to have a little paint imperfections.
3 - we had 4 divers in the truck usually, and it is roomy, with cold AC, and a nice ride. 2 of us are over 6 ft tall, still fits well. Even had 5 people in the truck a few times, no issues.
4 - Can't beat a freshwater hose/shower on a truck!
5 - mechanically sound vehicle
6 - end-user friendly. this thing is made for divers. rubber matte to stand on. wash your sandy boots off BEFORE putting them in the bed of the truck with the hose - just makes everything so much cleaner.
7 - 4 plastic bins in the truck make it easy to sort and haul gear in and out.
8 - Weathertech - yes, the real deal, Weathertech, floor mattes. I run these in all my cars back home.
9 - a radio that actually works. Understandably, this isn't needed for diving, but I don't think i have had a truck in the past with a working radio, maybe 1 station came in.
10 - Its a little bit bigger truck than most, but it isn't an issue. I parked it allover town. In front of Donna and Giorgios, in front of XProdiver, in the lot at buddy dive near drive thru tank refill, etc. Its not too big. Its an F150.
11 - dropoff at the airport, left keys in the truck, got on the plane. coudldn't be easier than that.

If you want an automatic truck, this is the company to rent from. If you want to support a couple of USA transplants that like to dive and are trying to make a life in Bonaire, give Stacy and Eric a chance. We are glad we did, and don't see ourselves ever renting from anyone else. This was our 6th dive trip to bonaire in 2 years, and the 5 other truck rentals ALL had problems, 3 of which required a truck switch = PITA!

I will rent again for sure. PM me with any questions or post here.

Robert F.

We also found the reservation process to be quick and painless. Stacy and Eric were very responsive and great to speak/work with; highly recommended from us so far. Our trip is not until the end of this year but we are already looking forward to it.

We personally wish them nothing but the very best with their business and with doing what we wish we could do ourselves (moving to and starting a business on Bonaire).

Just got back from Bonaire and rented an Ultimate dive truck.

All in all - 5 stars *****

Truck was perfect. It really is the UDT. I can't find a negative about the truck at all or the whole rental experience. I've rented many trucks on the island, and every one of them has a negative.

1 - as stated earlier, reservation process was simple, and confirmation/communication was immediate.
2 - arrived on island, truck and Stacy and Eric were outside waiting for us. Less than 5 minutes later, we were on our way to our house. Paperwork was straightforward. Eric wasn't worried about the small scratches on the outside, admiting that he knew its a used truck, its supposed to have a little paint imperfections.
3 - we had 4 divers in the truck usually, and it is roomy, with cold AC, and a nice ride. 2 of us are over 6 ft tall, still fits well. Even had 5 people in the truck a few times, no issues.
4 - Can't beat a freshwater hose/shower on a truck!
5 - mechanically sound vehicle
6 - end-user friendly. this thing is made for divers. rubber matte to stand on. wash your sandy boots off BEFORE putting them in the bed of the truck with the hose - just makes everything so much cleaner.
7 - 4 plastic bins in the truck make it easy to sort and haul gear in and out.
8 - Weathertech - yes, the real deal, Weathertech, floor mattes. I run these in all my cars back home.
9 - a radio that actually works. Understandably, this isn't needed for diving, but I don't think i have had a truck in the past with a working radio, maybe 1 station came in.
10 - Its a little bit bigger truck than most, but it isn't an issue. I parked it allover town. In front of Donna and Giorgios, in front of XProdiver, in the lot at buddy dive near drive thru tank refill, etc. Its not too big. Its an F150.
11 - dropoff at the airport, left keys in the truck, got on the plane. coudldn't be easier than that.

If you want an automatic truck, this is the company to rent from. If you want to support a couple of USA transplants that like to dive and are trying to make a life in Bonaire, give Stacy and Eric a chance. We are glad we did, and don't see ourselves ever renting from anyone else. This was our 6th dive trip to bonaire in 2 years, and the 5 other truck rentals ALL had problems, 3 of which required a truck switch = PITA!

I will rent again for sure. PM me with any questions or post here.

Robert F.

Back
Top Bottom