Possible southern reef closure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just saw a report from Dive Palancar that linked to the 10/8 news release form the national park, that after December 15, they are going to rotate dive sites to give them "rest".

So despite any evidence that the reefs need rest from divers, they are going to introduce even more nonsense, and you can't even plan around which sites are open or closed.

For every two that say they’ll dive elsewhere, Four new divers will visit Coz....it just won’t matter....

Don't be so sure of that. With the evolution of social media all travelers and divers know what it going on all the time and if the best dive sites in Coz are closed they will know immediately and plan their future travels accordingly. This may be something the Mexican government and local authorities don't realize... They make a "local" decision and in 2-4 days everyone on earth with internet access knows about it and all of us will change our plans accordingly.

Brules, post: 8781274, member: 3529"]Want to have an impact on bettering the reef? OUTLAW SWIM THROUGHS. Done. We just made a major positive change to the reef!!!!!! 100x more effective than this temporary bandaid.[/QUOTE]

Ban swim throughs? Are you kidding? The swim throughs in Coz have experienced 100's of thousands of divers and there is nothing left to see in them which is why I could care less about them. They are like they are some kind of under water pony ride for newbies. The threats the reefs are facing and experiencing have nothing to with swim throughs and divers,

Ban swim throughs? Are you kidding? The swim throughs in Coz have experienced 100's of thousands of divers and there is nothing left to see in them which is why I could care less about them. They are like they are some kind of under water pony ride for newbies. The threats the reefs are facing and experiencing have nothing to with swim throughs and divers,

That's perfect! That describes exactly how I have been viewing them but couldn't find the words. Henceforth I shall refer to a swim-thru as an "underwater pony ride".

Don't be so sure of that. With the evolution of social media all travelers and divers know what it going on all the time and if the best dive sites in Coz are closed they will know immediately and plan their future travels accordingly. This may be something the Mexican government and local authorities don't realize... They make a "local" decision and in 2-4 days everyone on earth with internet access knows about it and all of us will change our plans accordingly.

Brules, post: 8781274, member: 3529"]Want to have an impact on bettering the reef? OUTLAW SWIM THROUGHS. Done. We just made a major positive change to the reef!!!!!! 100x more effective than this temporary bandaid.

Ban swim throughs? Are you kidding? The swim throughs in Coz have experienced 100's of thousands of divers and there is nothing left to see in them which is why I could care less about them. They are like they are some kind of under water pony ride for newbies. The threats the reefs are facing and experiencing have nothing to with swim throughs and divers,[/QUOTE]
Were talking about what, 12 sites at most? And that leaves another 50 or so to dive? Mountain out of a mole hill you guys are making....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom