Trip Report: Southern Leyte, Peter's Dive Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thé other huge plus for this area is the whalesharks. We went twic e, once in February and once in December. On thé December trip we saw three whalesharks. We have seen whalesharks in the Maldives three times and also in Oslob. The experience in Leyte was by far the best , ours was the only boat there and we had the whalesharks to ourselves. They have good years and bad years though , it was apparently very good last year.

Hi Chiggins, thanks very much for this report I have just booked in for November.
Q??? Was there a lot of current around there? I am getting on and strong current is a no no for me.
Thinking mainly of the drop off's.

My short trip might not be representative but while I was there most of the sites had only mild currents. The house reef was variable; several dives with just a mild current but it did pick up one afternoon. There was moderate to strong current at Medicare, which was also an afternoon dive. I gave up trying to shoot photos on that dive because of the current and enjoyed the ride.

You can count on easy diving and current being slim to none. It can change a bit depending on tide or moon. That said, if you do encounter current it will generally be mild, always horizontal, and do nothing more than effortlessly speed your travel over ground a bit. Up/down current just doesn't happen. It's not even worth considering.

Thank you.... Really useful to me as I’m considering staying at Peter’s next year and then moving on to Cebu. I didn’t realise there was a night ferry, which is obviously great in terms of saving precious holiday/diving time. Great report!

Is it walkable from Peter’s to the jetty and the restaurants there?

it's probably 20 mins walk i think.
there is a local restaurant doing nice food 50 meters away from peters
if my memories serves me right 2-3 USD for a meal, 1 USD for a cold beer
food is tasty.

food is tasty.

Can’t grumble at that! :yeahbaby:Thank you!

Fresh BBQ chicken and wash down with cold SMB after the night dive at the jetty.
Bring a torch if you do decide to take that present little walk.

food is tasty.

Thank you... I take it it’s a safe walk for a, shall we say, slightly older lady on her own?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom