Fusion socks leaking - multiple reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not even going to attempt a doubles valve drill until I have the new AirCore. Who knows what that would do to the patched armpits.

So the suit you got back was your old one patched? I’m also waiting for my new drycore....with my fingers crossed.

So the suit you got back was your old one patched? I’m also waiting for my new drycore....with my fingers crossed.

Yes, I got my patched up old suit back to have to dive until my new AirCore arrives. I’ve got a couple weeks left on Lake Michigan (weather permitting) and then the quarry until the end of October. Then I’m out of the water - except for monthly pool sessions - until the beginning of April.

Nice, I borrowed a DUI while I wait for mine, I called to shop today and they said they haven’t heard when it may be delivered...I dive year round (quarry’s mostly). So I’m hope to at least have a chance to test the suit before a leak would mean a very unpleasant dive...leaking in the summer has a different affect then leaking in January. Hahaha
Thanks for sharing your experience it’s made me feel better about my situation.

Nice, I borrowed a DUI while I wait for mine, I called to shop today and they said they haven’t heard when it may be delivered...I dive year round (quarry’s mostly). So I’m hope to at least have a chance to test the suit before a leak would mean a very unpleasant dive...leaking in the summer has a different affect then leaking in January. Hahaha
Thanks for sharing your experience it’s made me feel better about my situation.

I’m being told 2-6 weeks for my replacement to arrive. I’m expecting it to be longer rather than shorter. At that rate I might get a dive or two in it at the quarry before the end of October. Yes, it does help to know you’re not the only one.

I’m now being told wait time is 4-8 weeks. I’ll be surprised if I have my new AirCore by Christmas. I will be diving over the winter as long as there is no ice.

I’m now being told wait time is 4-8 weeks. I’ll be surprised if I have my new AirCore by Christmas. I will be diving over the winter as long as there is no ice.
About the same time it takes to get a custom suit from Seaskin :D

I won’t buy if there is no local dealer. Eff that on having to ship back overseas if there are issues. I deal enough with overseas due to work (I’m a licensed customs broker, and I’ve been in the international shipping industry for 27 years).

And my $$ saved this off season is going towards my tech training next summer, not a new drysuit. I love my Fusion. It fits well. I just want the new, non-leaking AirCore.

Would be a definite and noticeable upgrade. Likely closer to 12-14 weeks total turnaround, at least as of two months ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom