Have ScubaBoard's SurfGF threads changed how you plan to dive?

Will I change my diving after reading these two threads?

• I'm really going to consider (or already do) longer SS's and slow final ascents!

Votes: 39 52.7%
  • I'm happy with my dive safety without long SS's/slow final ascents; I don't plan to change a thing.

Votes: 28 37.8%
  • I really don't understand what is being discussed in those threads.

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • I have, or plan to consider a dive computer with SurfGF functionality that I can monitor at dive end

Votes: 12 16.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those discussions have mostly made me change which threads to click on

Understood. You are far more interested in leaky socks.

My thinking is after 51 years of diving starting with a 60 ft per min ascent rate and no SS, changed to the 30 ft per min rate with a SS after I bought my 1st PDC. I feel no difference with either ascent rate or SS so why change again for what? Certainly not for another 50 years of diving! I'll go with what works, I'll stand pat.

My thinking is after 51 years of diving starting with a 60 ft per min ascent rate and no SS, changed to the 30 ft per min rate with a SS after I bought my 1st PDC. I feel no difference with either ascent rate or SS so why change again for what? Certainly not for another 50 years of diving! I'll go with what works, I'll stand pat.

I started diving a bit differently after my skin bends.

The threads are interesting to me.

I started diving a bit differently after my skin bends.

The threads are interesting to me.

Well if the day comes I get DCS of any type a second look would be in order until that day comes all is well. I find a lot of threads interesting but rarely do they change the way I dive.

Well if the day comes I get DCS of any type a second look would be in order until that day comes all is well. I find a lot of threads interesting but rarely do they change the way I dive.

As it turns out, these specific threads haven't changed mine because I was already doing what they contemplate.

Actually “not” leaky socks is a concern because I tend to dive more in the ocean than on the computer.

Your dive : post ratio is in the upper echelon!

Reading scubaboard has exposed me to a lot of things I didn’t know. Most of it is advanced in nature and mostly obsessed about by the geeky tech minded types, at least that’s my take on it. In my real world diving nothing has really changed.
Everything I read here pretty much remains abstract.
Some of the long discussions about GF’s, M values, MOD’s and all the other code discussions make my eyes glaze over, then I get pissed that I wasted so much time reading it and could have been doing something more productive.
Hey, we geeks have finally found a place to geek out without having to see the other dudes' eyes glaze over. Are you going to ruin that for us, too?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom