IRDA for Windows 10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After more searching I found this in the MS Support Discussion Forum. Try it, see if it works for you. It did not for me.
You will probably have to have an MS account and log in to see the whole thread. Relevant text is below.
No idea if the BLACK dongle is any different from the SILVER one. I have the generic silver, not Polar. I believe it's the same USB IrDa driver though.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...d/3a1067d3-6e58-40db-9d23-b855c51cdb0e?page=1

[Your issue may be a little different as it was working previously on your device where I have done a clean activation with the black (ASIX) USB dongle on windows 10 Pro - 1903 and windows 10 Home - 1903.

- Do you see infrared in the Control Panel under All Control Panel Items? If no install the IRDA InfraRed add-on. (if yes it may be worth trying to reinstall. it)

I had the "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)" error message until I installed the IRDA Infrared Add-on. Then it all started to work.

For me the order to install was.

1: Install the IRDA Infrared Add-on (steps for windows 10 1809)

Go to Settings
Apps and Features
Optional Features
+Add
Select IrDA Infrared from the list.

It installs but you do not see it in the "Apps" listing. Go back to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items and hopefully you will now see Infra Red icon and features.

2: Install drivers for the USB key from your source (Windows 8 preferred or windows 7 should work).

Reboot the PC

3: Plug in the USB key and it should work.]

More info, some good, some not so good.
Reinstalled Win10x64Pro_1903 CLEAN, no upgrade.
Used the method above to add IrDA > It showed up in Control Panel this time.
Plugged in 'silver bullet/generic IrDA dongle' > showed up in Device Manager, no driver installed.
Right clicked setting > find driver update online > It did > Installed > looked like it was installed properly.
:yeahbaby:
Installed Smarttrak ver 2081 (current version on ScubaPro) > loaded > rebooted.
Tried to open Smarttrak > FAILED with those 'useful' error messages Windows provides (failure to open at module #^#@#$@) :banghead: :confused: :shakehead:
Did a BUNCH of attempts to 'troubleshoot' and emulate using an older version of Windows. None worked. ALL give the same error messages.

Installed Subsurface > IrDA worked fine and Aladin Tec 2G downloaded properly. :drunks:

Not sure where to go from here. Stand by my original suggestion for now: DO NOT UPGRADE.

After more searching I found this in the MS Support Discussion Forum. Try it, see if it works for you. It did not for me.
You will probably have to have an MS account and log in to see the whole thread. Relevant text is below.
No idea if the BLACK dongle is any different from the SILVER one. I have the generic silver, not Polar. I believe it's the same USB IrDa driver though.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...d/3a1067d3-6e58-40db-9d23-b855c51cdb0e?page=1

[Your issue may be a little different as it was working previously on your device where I have done a clean activation with the black (ASIX) USB dongle on windows 10 Pro - 1903 and windows 10 Home - 1903.

- Do you see infrared in the Control Panel under All Control Panel Items? If no install the IRDA InfraRed add-on. (if yes it may be worth trying to reinstall. it)

I had the "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)" error message until I installed the IRDA Infrared Add-on. Then it all started to work.

For me the order to install was.

1: Install the IRDA Infrared Add-on (steps for windows 10 1809)

Go to Settings
Apps and Features
Optional Features
+Add
Select IrDA Infrared from the list.

It installs but you do not see it in the "Apps" listing. Go back to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items and hopefully you will now see Infra Red icon and features.

2: Install drivers for the USB key from your source (Windows 8 preferred or windows 7 should work).

Reboot the PC

3: Plug in the USB key and it should work.]

Thank you, fmerkel!!!

Adding IRDA as optional feature solves the problem with Win 10, 1903! Restart and plug the dongle in.
Both the MosChip 7780 (in my case Scubapro/UWATEC)) as well as the ancient SigmaTel 4200 (in my case from Belkin) work as before with 1809.
Checked with device manager and with SmartTRAK.

To expand on the discussion - Problem FIXED!

I re-installed the 1903 UPGRADE. (What can I say, must love the frustration).

I followed the instructions from (smile) starting on page 3 of the MS discussion post #31 above.
Using [Power shell with 'administrator privileges:

I [queried] the IrDA > Not Present
I [Uninstalled] the IrDA
I [Add] the IrDA

NOW it appears in [Control Panel]; For some reason, for me, the other method did not work to add it.
THEN, I can go into [Device Manager] > plug in IrDA dongle > Right Click on [properties] > update drive > it does.

Fixed!
Smarttrak now sees the IrDA and downloads.

I'm looking for a link to download the SmartTrak software...I have my old dongle...and an Uwatec Smart Tec...but no software.

Anyone have any links, please? :)

Love it, thank you!

I found that site a few times...but, it would quickly reset to the non-WW2 page before I could click on the download link.

This time, I was able to click quickly before the webpage changed :)

Um....anyone got a driver for a generic IrDA Dongle [silver bullet], please? I have been trying to download all I can find and then install/try for awhile now...ugh

You don't need the driver. Windows will supply it. (You know how to do that?)

If you've upgraded to Win10-1903 (very unfortunate move if you have) .....go back and read my earlier message. Windows has screwed the IrDA people yet again. You CAN deal with it, but there is some technical work to do. Staying or rolling back to an earlier version is easier.

Go back to post #29 and start reading from there. Some specific instruction and links have been provided to deal with this issue.

No, I have 1809 version of Win10 enterprise...I had Windows try and try...then I searched and searched for a driver...none seemed to work :(

Back
Top Bottom