Teric feature wish-list - Oct'19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jay

Need to dive more!
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I’ve complied a list of Teric feature requests from previous posts. I may have missed some ideas ... please add them in the comments and I'll edit the list (24hr window).

There's a couple of newish ideas further below. Apart from that, the list's in no particular order.

SW do pay attention to these threads, and it seems user enthusiasm for various ideas might influence implementation +/ its order. If you like the whole list please do use the comments :)

Most of the ideas below have been thought-out/discussed, but if you see short-comings etc, please do say and say why - that way better ideas can be created.

There's a lot here, and to @Shearwater, we understand good things take time no promises can be made on timing / implementation ... and thanks in advance :)

An option to add SurfGF & Tx as a pair.
To allow reverse GFs (inc Perdix and other models too).
Make switching between Standard and Big possible (and easy) during a dive.
Dive alerts / alarms (user definable) - tank pressure, time and depth
SOS flashlight
Compass: show a reciprocal, and an option to display the two remaining quarters (90deg) marks (also when on Home screen outer-ring).
Find my Teric - ala Find my iPhone. and/or:
A 'Stolen feature' in SW Cloud, and if that Teric is ever connected somehow, it's locked on User Info screen (more info in messages below)
Client Info (name / number etc) input for Teric via SW Cloud (instead of numerous button pushes on the Teric) - via phone and computer. (x.ref'd with SWC feature request)
Sidemount Mode
In Watch Mode connect to cell phone - for notifications
Digital rotation of face
2nd TIme Zone
SS hover mode - to within a user settable range with alerts outside of that range (reason: skill improvement assistance).
More watch face choices.
Display an alarm icon on the home watch screen when an alarm is set.
Show the TX battery % or estimated hours remaining - perhaps in an info screen.
Temperature granularity 0.10 (or at least to 0.5).
To display other ‘On’ (but not Active) gase(s) in the main screen, or to have a dot/marker to show that another gas is On (apart from the Active Gas) - especially/just for OC Rec mode - combined with below:
A simple mode or setting for single gas only diving such that it is quicker way to switch gas on the surface than having to go to "edit gases" and/or turn on and off certain gasses. i.e. a faster way to quickly set my teric for whatever %O2 my tanks have. One idea is to remove 'switch gas' from OC Rec.
Ability to add/change an image on the Teric pre-boot screen similar to Perdix.
Ability to name the Teric at anytime in SWC: The first time dives are downloaded to SWC (from Teric) it’s asks to give the Teric a name, if you miss that step then a default name is set which can’t be changed (p.79 Rev C of Teric manual). (x.ref'd with SWC feature list).

Newer Ideas
To have the Adaptive Depth depth as a user-input (depth) value to determine SS 3 or 5 minutes.
Gas to SurfGF target
Replace NDL with SurfGF on ascent portion of the dive when NDL=99.
The option display RMV (and permit the associated tank input).
Variable ascent rates
Stack timer calculations and warning on CC mode.

I’d like to be able to program the Teric from my phone. So after initial connection you could program owner name/contact info/time & date/settings from your phone.

Wouldn't it need a GPS receiver?

from StuartV's post on it in this thread: The Shearwater Teric Announced

Nice idea!! A thief could try to avoid SW Cloud via Mobile/Desktop, or have Location Services turned-off, but that could be thwarted by requiring Location Services or using an IP address (latter better than nothing). Another idea would be have a 'Stolen feature' in SW Cloud, and if that Teric is ever connected somehow, it's locked on User Info screen.

I’d like to be able to program the Teric from my phone. So after initial connection you could program owner name/contact info/time & date/settings from your phone.

I've amended my text, I had envisaged via SW Cloud (either via phone or computer). Is this what you meant, or external of SW Cloud? (in which case that might be a hard ask).

That doesn't make sense to me, the Teric itself isn't connected to the cloud.

Having a GPS receiver in the DC is the only way it could work.

The mobile or computer is connected to the Cloud and the Teric is connected to that.

There's a few ways to make it happen. They're all based on the Teric connecting to the mobile or computer at some stage, and at some stage that mobile or computer being connected to the web.

The mobile or computer is connected to the Cloud and the Teric is connected to that.
Only by Bluetooth when you're downloading dives right, I only have a Perdix but I'm assuming the Teric is the same?

I have sent them a couple and the only thing I can think of is:
More watch faces. Lots of people requesting this
Co,pass could be made to look and feel like a compass plus show depth on compass screen. Great for navigating.

Only by Bluetooth when you're downloading dives right, I only have a Perdix but I'm assuming the Teric is the same?

Yes. I don't think @stuartv envisioned it auto-connecting for that feature.

Co,pass could be made to look and feel like a compass plus show depth on compass screen. Great for navigating.

That would be a third compass (full) screen? (instead of a modification to the outer ring compass, or Info line compass displays).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom