Scubapro R190 nyloc nut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perryed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Quick question. What size is the nyloc nut used in the Scubapro R190? I`m pretty sure it`s a standard size, but I don`t want to take it to Menards to check the size and then order it. Thanks in advance guys.

According to this thread.
Part #01122101, Lock nut, McMaster #91831A006, 18-8 Stainless Steel Nylon-Insert Hex Locknut 5-40 Thread Size, 1/4" Width, 9/64"

Thanks Kupu. Once again, I appreciate it!

Ok, everything was correct, but 1 number. I went to the specialty fittings store here in town and they came up with 18-8 Stainless Steel Nylon-Insert Hex Locknut 4-40 Thread Size, 1/4" Width, 9/64" The 5-40 should be a 4-40.

Ok, everything was correct, but 1 number. I went to the specialty fittings store here in town and they came up with 18-8 Stainless Steel Nylon-Insert Hex Locknut 4-40 Thread Size, 1/4" Width, 9/64" The 5-40 should be a 4-40.

I HIGHLY suggest you be careful. I am not positive on SP but I am absolutely sure that USD/AL uses 5-40 and I am pretty sure SP does as well. To the untrained person they look very close but if you try to put a 4-40 on a 5-40 screw it will start and being so small and brass it is very easy to damage the threads or break the LP seat holder. It's easy to assume the reason it's going on tight is because of the nylon...that may be the case or it may be you are about to damage a part..Go find a 4-40 standard nut and see if it EASILY goes on, if it does then fine it's 4-40 but if it gets tight, it's 5-40. STOP and get the correct nut.

As herman was posting, I found another reference to 5-40 being correct for the R190. If by chance you damage and need another stem, let me know and I can provide one.

Ok, Doesn`t surprise me that the Parts store was wrong. I just could not find a 5-40 anywhere. I haven`t tried to install the nuts yet and will use extreme caution. If they don`t fit easily I`m out a buck for 12 nuts. Where would I get the 5-40`s ?

McMaster Carr
mcmaster.com
Part # 91831A006 18-8 stainless

316 stainless might be better
PN 90715A006

Just ordered them. I`ll have 50 of them so if anyone needs one I`ve got a couple I could spare. Thanks so much guys! Did not know that McMaster Car was a company. I`d never heard of them.

I will "warn" you about MMC. They are an industrial company so they don't mess around when you order. You select your items, pick a shipping way and put in your CC. They don't ask a second time, give you a chance to back out or give you a total, you push purchase and its DONE. You don't see a total until the invoice email comes. I love them and buy a lot from them but they operate differently than retail places. Since you have already ordered guess you have found out. :)

When you are looking for this kind of thing, it's a good idea to ask on the DIY section of the board if any of us have some to spare. Many of us buy in bulk from MMC and are happy to send you a few for a couple bucks shipping.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom