Air Consumption

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pretty good :) i am pleased at getting 60mins out of a cylinder. Good instructor you have too. Mine took 4 days to get my trim right! K

Pretty good :) i am pleased at getting 60mins out of a cylinder. Good instructor you have too. Mine took 4 days to get my trim right! K

I wish my instructors would focus on trim, a lot of the people in my class look like this _/` I showed my girl a picture of correct trim and asked her to help me figure out if I was up or down (she did the class at the same time). Having that aid during pool sessions helped a lot.

I finally realized that I had to feel like I was head down to be in trim. Feels like it, but you’re not.

I think it's hard to get an instructor to listen to you ( yr the one feeling out of balance !! ) I started with 8kg in 4mm full wet suit. Week 1 got that down to 6kg.
Week 2 ( stupid quick release weights in body harness ) 4kg an half weight on tank at end of week.... if I had made my thoughts clear an had assistance on Dive 1 of Week 2 I would have enjoyed week of diving better. K

@Marie13 Definately ! ( there is a song abt that ) my ND Guardian BCD has weight pockets which I like but no instructor does. However by the time I have put harness on and BCD on top of that. There is no way it's quick release. But I love my Guardian an it works well. K

I finally realized that I had to feel like I was head down to be in trim. Feels like it, but you’re not.

I unfortunately was very head down to start because I had read that it would feel that way. Apparently I over did it and ended up head down after all! Haha

I unfortunately was very head down to start because I had read that it would feel that way. Apparently I over did it and ended up head down after all! Haha

Has anyone taken video of you so you know what you look like? Not asking for you to post it, just wondering if you really know what your trim is?

Another way you can test it, is that if you are in a quarry with a horizontal training platform you should be able to touch it with the belly first if you descend slowly.

Just had my girl tell me where I was trim wise. We just found our gopro, so that's my goal on our next trip.

You'll love the feedback that it gives you. It was an eye opener seeing the GoPro footage when I took fundies. Now video is a critical part of my skills practice sessions and teaching.

Back
Top Bottom