Do you ever wonder why there are not many sharks left in the world?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Although I don't disagree with their punishment (assuming that there was a fair trail) they really should be doing the burning on land. There are a lot of toxins in those boats, and you don't want to release them into the ocean.

Burning the toxins on land is a pretty negative thing to do to.

Some way of recycling would be better but where is that going to happen and then what to do with the non recyclable items. Sigh.

Last time that I was in Raja Ampat, there were a great number of captured boats tied up in port.

I wonder if there isn't a way to repurpose them or some of them.

Dan, I knew I liked you when I met you. It always disgusts me to see videos such as this.

I see people saying "oh we have seen more sharks here" as if that means these videos are all lies. This is a worldwide problem and maybe in your small piece of this massive planet the shark numbers are on the rise, but globally they are declining rapidly.

Dan, I knew I liked you when I met you. It always disgusts me to see videos such as this.

I see people saying "oh we have seen more sharks here" as if that means these videos are all lies. This is a worldwide problem and maybe in your small piece of this massive planet the shark numbers are on the rise, but globally they are declining rapidly.

Hopefully we can dive together again in near future.

BTW, I'll be in your neighborhood in a couple of months, going to Red Sea southern route, 21-30 December with Red Sea Aggressor There are still 4 spots available to book at $1450 / spot ($950 discount). Come and joint us if that time looks good for you.

A Spanish-registered fishing vessel detained by the Naval Service off the southwest coast has been found to have more than a tonne of shark fins on board.

Up to 5,000 sharks are estimated to have been caught and stored on the vessel before it was boarded last week by an inspection team from the LÉ William Butler Yeats, 150 nautical miles south of Mizen Head Ireland

The court heard the vessel had 164,250kg of blue shark, 98kg of mako shark and 1,250kg of shark fins on board.
And this is only ONE ship that was caught...sickening

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom