Wanted Small aluminum or light backplate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iratherbediving

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Looking for a small-sized light backplate:
- oxycheq or halcyon aluminum
- DSS kydex

Any others with similar sizing and weight

Thanks

Aluminum backplates are typically 2lbs or less....it doesn't get much lighter than that.

Halcyon makes a smaller size backplate that comes in stainless, aluminum, or kydex.....but Halcyon tends to be pricey, even on the used market.

I recently compared the size difference, in person, between their standard and small size plates and the small was surprisingly a lot smaller.

Good luck with your search.

-Z

consider a soft travel plate from oxycheq/apeks/mares also
Doesn't the oxycheq travel backplate only work with oxycheq match v wings? My plan is to use a holis wing

Maybe the apeks and mares are more standard? Will check them out

Thanks for your recommendation!

no, it can work with other brands too. it depends on the wing to a certain extent and also the cam bands you use and whether if you are ok with using a sta or not.

the oxycheq does have tighter cam band spacing than the hollis, so you would have to go with a sta (which can be the lighter travel type) for that combination or go with a different plate.

no, it can work with other brands too. it depends on the wing to a certain extent and also the cam bands you use and whether if you are ok with using a sta or not.

the oxycheq does have tighter cam band spacing than the hollis, so you would have to go with a sta (which can be the lighter travel type) for that combination or go with a different plate.
Thanks, the apeks or mares plates could be the solution! (would rather avoid a sta if I can)

for single tank, a back plate is just that... A simple plate. My son and I are using plastic cutting boards that I cut and slotted, they work like a champ. If you're interested in that route, I can send you the pattern I used, or make it and send you one at cost. Another benefit of the DIY route is that you can place the slots how you want (such as for cam band spacing).
Respectfully
James

Back
Top Bottom