Bucket list dive spots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Max depth for non-tech divers is about 40-50 ft. Water temp just above freezing. But in a drysuit, I really didn't mind the temp. Sure; your cheeks go numb within a minute or so, but I didn't find it the least bit problematic. I've had much colder "cheek" issues skiing. Definitely worth the amazing experience!

I just returned and did this dive. I was a little disappointed in the fact on 3 different occasions you literally were crawling across rocks on the surface. It was neat but the water was kicked up from the group in front of us so visibility wasn't the crystal clear most pictures show. The water was cold. I had 39 on my computer so it wasn't too bad. You didn't even notice it with the neoprene drysuits..mine even flooded because the neck seal was stretched but I wasn't cold with the undergarment. If you ever get the chance to go to Iceland-GO FOR IT and don't look back. It was amazing up there. A beautiful country. Of all things we did, I'd say the dive was the most disappointing. Don't get me wrong it was neat but it was the same thing for 30-40 minutes with no fish at all! I found the above ground fissure along side the road at the rest area next to the entrance to Silfra neater than the dive just for the fact you could explore more.

Silfra is at the top of my list, although it will be some time before I’m able to get there. Bikini Atoll would also be high on my list. This year I’m hoping to start knocking off the u-boats on the East coast, and I hope to do all of the major ones someday. I’ve got a lot of diving to do and I’m sure my bucket list will grow but as for now those are my must dive locations.

I`m just wondering, is it possible to put dive sites on map with voting, to have most accurate? :)
Maybe there is project already?

Pretty much sums up my list but not limited too....
1 - U-352 (been trying for years but one more try this weekend)!
2 - Chuuk Lagoon
3 - Solomon Islands
4 - Bikini Atoll
5 - Silfra

Of all things we did, I'd say the dive was the most disappointing. Don't get me wrong it was neat but it was the same thing for 30-40 minutes with no fish at all! I found the above ground fissure along side the road at the rest area next to the entrance to Silfra neater than the dive just for the fact you could explore more.
This is why I'd probably dive Silfra if it fit my itinerary, but it won't make it to my bucket list. Sure, it's cool to dive the fissure between the tectonic plates, but it seems a little like something to do for the bragging rights.

Iceland above water, OTOH, is definitely on my bucket list. As is Svalbard.

This is why I'd probably dive Silfra if it fit my itinerary, but it won't make it to my bucket list. Sure, it's cool to dive the fissure between the tectonic plates, but it seems a little like something to do for the bragging rights.

I want to go back to Iceland to dive the smokey stack in the north.

@BikerBecca...I understand totally. Shine on crazy diamond.

@clownfish - agree to your spots, plus of course raja and Komodo and and and..
I noticed Vanuatu getting a few mentions - thought I'd mention there's an op now catering to full tech with CCR, Heliox all your gas blending, side mount, Tom there tech diving instructor is a great guy and their set up and training of local ni vans to full tech is really impressive. Kustom fees are paid and diving with a Ni Van is ...hilarious but they are seriously drilled to never for a moment to forget safety. How you dive is up to you. I choose air so Romeo and I did the Coolidge with me on a single AL80 of air - Tom equipped Romeo to deal with contingencies particular to how I was diving - aka Twins and slung tank but they were not needed. My redundancy was Romeo. There are way more wrecks being discovered up there and in the Solomons so for metal heads, Vanuatu is a most cool destination.

Here's a few really off the radar places -

Mermaid Wall and Rowley Shoals (again)
Bouganville Island
Christmas Island (again)
Chagos archipelago
Ashmore reef (again)
Mistio Archipeligo
Comoros
Helix reef

A couple of just 'cos dives I want to do -
The Maelstrom Norway
Baffin Island with Belugas edge of the ice flow
Galapagos
Cocos
Socorro
Crete
The Punkva caves with a lil dip in the Macocha Abyss Czech Republic
Fernando del ?howeveryousayit

Iceland above water was completely amazing. The nature was so raw, unfiltered and pure up there. It was amazing. Next time if I go again, I wont make the mistake of staying in a hotel in Reykjavik. It limits you so much on what you can do within a day and typically you drive past everything everyday to go somewhere different. Next time I will rent a campervan and just drive and when I get tired I just find a place to pull off. You'd be able to see so much more that way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom