Taxi Cab Surcharges

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

42 ¢. Like, so what?

Usually, but not always. There are plenty of drivers who love to gouge gringos.
At 32 or 42 cents, it's a pretty gentle gouging. I'm pretty sure I can stand it.

At 32 or 42 cents, it's a pretty gentle gouging. I'm pretty sure I can stand it.
Well, sure - but I think we are discussing legitimate surcharges. Flyboy mentioned that they are always cheap, so my gouging remark was to him about the exceptions.

That's like, what, 32 cents US?

Um thanks? I asked what the price was, not what it converted to in dollars. One doesn't know that it is inexpensive until the question is asked and answered.

Thanks to those that actually answered the question.

Um thanks? I asked what the price was, not what it converted to in dollars. One doesn't know that it is inexpensive until the question is asked and answered.

Thanks to those that actually answered the question.

What, you didn't know that 8 pesos is a very small sum? But for whatever I said that offended you, I apologize profusely.

What, you didn't know that 8 pesos is a very small sum? But for whatever I said that offended you, I apologize profusely.
He simply wanted to know what the surcharge was. His answer was 8 pesos.

He simply wanted to know what the surcharge was. His answer was 8 pesos.
Which is a virtually insignificant amount of money at current exchange rates. This is, after all, a discussion board, not a question and answer board.

Again, my intent was not to offend anyone.

Surcharges (2016 rate chart) in pesos

Radio dispatch =$8
Supermarket or taxi queue = $8
Midnight to 6AM =$12
Bar or Cantina Queue = $12
Rate chart is three years old I would not be surprised if a new one comes out soon.
Screenshot_20191017-081940.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom