Raja Ampat Liveaboard 2019 help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would not bring any new diver to LoB.
To sit out a dive or two because the conditions aren't suitable for them is utterly demoralizing.
Centrals has a good point. Aninexperienced or newly certified diver will affect the dive group. Typically, a new diver runs out of air before the others in the group, in particular with currents or on a moderately deep dive. As a guide, I had to pick dive sites and dive profiles that would accommodate a beginner diver. Sometimes, most of effort is with the least experience dive, to the dismay of my team. The dives might be shorter and I would avoid certain routes along a reef. Safety skills such as using a SMB after getting separated from your group is only important when it’s needed. I personally would wait until the new diver has more experience before getting on LoB in RA or similar environments. That said, about six years ago, we had a diver with about 10 dives while on a Komodo. LoB. She was fit and easily followed and closely watched the guide. She had an outstanding trip.

That sounds like an intense couple of days Dan haha. If it isnt too much trouble, go ahead and ask what he can do for a couple days. Nothing wrong with getting some info. I have also looked into a couple places on Lembongon for a few nights (spelling?). Blue Hill also looks tempting in Tulamben.

The places near Sorong look amazing, but $1500 for three nights is a little out of my budget.

reuben- the fumes comment was in response to Dan's opinion of Jakarta, though I didnt make that overly clear.

I just send you a quote to your private message.

Just finished double checking my packing list. Two more days and off I go! All the planning is finally about to pay off.

Wishing you a wonderful trip!

Returned home this afternoon. Filled my tub with dive gear and threw laundry in the washer. Then crashed for a solid three hours. Ill have a trip report up in a couple of days. It was some amazing diving to say the least.

I'm eager for you to rest up and tell us everything!

Back
Top Bottom