Future chores

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diverspoint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I bought some stuff a few months ago, not knowing what I bought. Scubapro regs, parts and other stuff.

In the pics it shows what I bought. At least some SP MK5s in different forms, amongst them 2 port, 4 port, 5 port and DIN connector. Also a bunch of parts and a regulator I do nor really recognize, but I think it is a MK5 SPEC.

Those DIN MK5s I am happy with.

Also some unknown to me regulator sets of Aquilon, apparently really old.

If anyone could comment on what I got I would be grateful.

View media item 208828View media item 208829View media item 208830View media item 208836View media item 208835View media item 208834View media item 208833View media item 208832View media item 208831View media item 208837View media item 208838View media item 208839View media item 208840View media item 208841View media item 208842

You might find info re the Aquilon here:
AMF Swimaster MR12 it was probably a Spiro model

Re the other goodies. If you can find a decent re-chrome facility you may very well have a good find. I went through a similar experience years ago; but where I live it was too expensive to have them refinished. The MK5 DIN fittings are certainly rare and may have made the purchase worthwhile by themselves. @halocline was looking for a MK5 DIN fitting recently.

I have a small stock of MK swivels turrets, caps, and swivel retainers if you're in want/need.

I'm looking forward to your progress.

I bought a whole bunch of stuff from a guy that wanted to get rid of some old things, and I paid about US$110 for it. And it is a lot. There are about 14 MK5's, some 109's, in various stages of decomposition, and a lot of parts for those, and then those Aquilon regs.

There was also a MK14 or something, and an r190.

Altogether a lot, and a lot of work, but with this I can make some fully functional MK5 din regs, including the 5-port swivel.

Not sure about the "S" es yet, as I cannot say how many of the 109's can be restored. The bag of parts is diverse, so I need to figure out what I can do with the loose parts.

environmental model... cool! don't see them too often.

upload_2019-10-17_13-20-22.png

if you mean MK-5 yoke & MK-5 DIN, they should be... It is the MK-5 DIN assembly that is somewhat hard to come by...

The schematic doesn't show a different saddle if yoke or DIN same part number 10-101-050.

I should have said that yes. Sorry.

I have not had time to look into it yet, therefore I thought to ask. This means that I now should have 4 DIN MK5s, once they are ready.

Thanks for the answer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom