Dive operator rec for Amed, Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im the last one to ask as it has been many years since I stayed out there and I know things have grown, changed, and morphed a ton. Both times I did stay there I was in hardcore dive mode and really didnt think about how Lembongan would be with non-divers. Today, Im not a fan of the diving out there, but only because I'm really only happy doing muck and macro stuff, I have seen my share of mantas and mola-2, and a crowded Cristal Bay just isn't for me.

I do have a number of non-divng friends who swear by this place: Dream Beach Lembongan – Nusa Lembongan, Bali, Indonesia

Maybe check it out?

Ok, thanks. I'd probably look to stay on mushroom beach if we visit Lembongan but check out dream beach too.

Cheers, Rob

I’m the opposite. My muck diving days are over. I’m into pelagic diving now.

Last month (20 September), I was in Nusa Penida and did the Manta Point, which wasn’t so crowded to my surprise. Then we did the 2nd & 3rd dives in Blue Corner since no report of sighting of Mola Mola in Crystal Bay in the previous days. May be the crowd chased them away?

That was an amazing day. In Blue Corner, we only saw 2-3 boats. Even those guys in Crystal Bay saw a great white shark while we were in Blue Corner swimming with 4 Mola Mola & chasing Thresher shark. :D

View attachment 545517 View attachment 545518 View attachment 545519 View attachment 545520

Nice! That's what I'd call a good days diving :D

And I heard about the great white at crystal bay too.

That's awesome. Last time I was in Crystal Bay I spent the surface interval watching a two story party boat packed with at least 75 drunken Brogans blasting AC/DC, slamming Bintangs, and doing cannonballs off the top deck. It was so glorious I knew I could never top that experience and have never been back. :)

Shuck! I missed that :D

I don’t mind the crowd when the air temperature ~ 25C. Just sit & watch them making fool of themselves.

Back
Top Bottom