Two-Fish Sumbawa?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This seems to be a partnership with Kalimaya Resort. We stayed there last year for a week and loved it. The resort , the accomodation , the food and a wonderful pool were all top notch. However, the tidal conditions meant that for some days we were limited to some very average sites. The sites across the bay were better.

I saw that TwoFish will be operating Kalimaya Resort dive center. Stayed there for a short time there last year.
I wouldn't say the problem is due to tidal but rather weather conditions, there's a long way to go to Banta, Western Komodo or Sangeang so it can be very seasonal diving, best from end of august to november.
Probably a good thing Two fish is operating now since they had lots of problems to find guides willing to stay due to the environment (remoteness, no alcohol allowed by the regency), There was an impressive turnover in the first years, so Two Fish will be able to pick guides from their Manado center and send them here. Also there are lots of black sand sites, so I believe their Manado training focusing on small critters will be very helpful on Sangeang slopes.

That’s interesting Luko, guides from Manado will be a huge asset to this resort. You need good, ideally from Sulawesi, guides to spot these little things.

I saw that TwoFish will be operating Kalimaya Resort dive center. Stayed there for a short time there last year.
I wouldn't say the problem is due to tidal but rather weather conditions, there's a long way to go to Banta, Western Komodo or Sangeang so it can be very seasonal diving, best from end of august to november.
Probably a good thing Two fish is operating now since they had lots of problems to find guides willing to stay due to the environment (remoteness, no alcohol allowed by the regency), There was an impressive turnover in the first years, so Two Fish will be able to pick guides from their Manado center and send them here. Also there are lots of black sand sites, so I believe their Manado training focusing on small critters will be very helpful on Sangeang slopes.

Hi Luko,

So theres no alcohol on the resort?

Hi Luko,

So theres no alcohol on the resort?
Nope, Nada, Zilch.
Last year the police periodically carried out a raid on the resort, looking out for alcohol. As I understood there used to be a kind of "allowance" since it's not aimed to locals but it's been enforced now. You must bring your own and hide it in your room, alcohol belonging to customers should be tolerated, but not any alcohol sales on premises.

Nope, Nada, Zilch.
Last year the police periodically carried out a raid on the resort, looking out for alcohol. As I understood there used to be a kind of "allowance" since it's not aimed to locals but it's been enforced now. You must bring your own and hide it in your room, alcohol belonging to customers should be tolerated, but not any alcohol sales on premises.

That's still better than Maldives where the tourist can't bring it in to the country.

Nope, Nada, Zilch.

Thank you Luko.

Looks like Two Fish is certainly expanding its footprint on diving in Indonesia. Just came back from diving with them at Belongas last month.

That's still better than Maldives where the tourist can't bring it in to the country.

Don't be surprised if Indonesia moves towards that direction in the future. The conservatives are definitely gaining momentum and influence.

Don't be surprised if Indonesia moves towards that direction in the future. The conservatives are definitely gaining momentum and influence.
Not sure about that statement as long as Jokowi is in charge.
And you are probably informed that the Maldives have somehow changed their direction since their former conservative and conspirationist prez was kicked out of the power recently. (some other countries should inspire from that... sigh...)

Back
Top Bottom