“GREAT “ Diving on Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve Eady

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
E548C309-2EF5-449F-B16B-547C1480AFA5.jpeg
7C7213D5-0242-4F79-88C3-8A3EAA56E543.jpeg
F3CA6453-2F09-467C-AF2D-4B1A478B5B15.jpeg D86F7123-FCCD-4990-AB92-1313342D4EBB.jpeg 87654ED6-0916-484D-B147-3C1CE911FED6.jpeg Aloha
Conditions have been GREAT the last week and more. Great viz, calm ocean. Time to come to Maui to dive. Here are a few pics I took today at Kahekili Beach Park. Enjoy

Mahalo
Scuba Steve
Mauidiveconnection.com
Www.mauidiveconnection.com

Attachments

• F9FBFDA5-4777-4E3F-8D11-4FE4A1FDAC1D.jpeg
    F9FBFDA5-4777-4E3F-8D11-4FE4A1FDAC1D.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 111
Fabulous, I'll be there next week!

I'm staying in Ka'anapali, and bringing my gear, but need to rent tanks and lead. Any recomendations for a shop to rent from?

At home in Puget sound we have groups that go out from time to time that people visiting or new to the area can tag up with. Is there anything like that on Maui? Seems a little silly to me to pay $130 for a shore dive when all I need is a buddy, not a babysitter.

Fabulous, I'll be there next week!

I'm staying in Ka'anapali, and bringing my gear, but need to rent tanks and lead. Any recomendations for a shop to rent from?

At home in Puget sound we have groups that go out from time to time that people visiting or new to the area can tag up with. Is there anything like that on Maui? Seems a little silly to me to pay $130 for a shore dive when all I need is a buddy, not a babysitter.

I rented from Maui Dive Shop (I was staying at Kihei). There are some great shore dives. I did a number of night dives from shore. Just have a good way to determining when you've made it back to the right beach is all I can advise. I highly, highly recommend night dives. I hooked up with a local diver, which was awesome. Don't remember the name as it was about 4 or 5 years ago. I wouldn't hesitate venturing out by myself during the day and then returning at night.

I've had trouble finding good dive site maps. You'd think with the number of folks doing their DM on Maui that there would be a plethora of detailed maps of each site. There probably is, I just haven't found it.

1E439868-C0DD-42E9-ACD6-68DA4018A7EF.jpeg Aloha
I would recommend Dive Maui located in Lahaina. Not far from were you are staying. Great shop and they also do boat diving to Lani and Molokai for the Hammerheads on Thursdays. Tell them Scuba Steve recommended you if you go there please. If you are interested in maybe a Scooter dive let me know. We get out to small reefs that are to far to kick to. Check out my website if you have a chance. And most of all enjoy your vacation while on Maui.

Mahalo
Scuba Steve
Maui Dive Connection

Aloha
Water temps are about 82 on most of the dives we are doing. We do some Pretty deep 110” on the scooters and still 82. Conditions have been GREAT the last few weeks. I was born and raised in Sacramento. Let me know if I can help you with anything while here.

Mahalo
Scuba Steve
Maui Dive Connection

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom