Washing neoprene 5mm semi-dry wetsuit in washing-machine.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

funscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Your thoughts, do or don't ?
If yes what product whould I use ?

So you tell me how it fits in a washing machine and what it does in there
Hey go try it out, tonight just grab a pillow and squeeze yourself in there

woolwash

I did it to a wetsuit. 3 times. Worked like a charm twice. After third wash... and a professional and costly repair I never attempted time 4.

Hand wash in the shower with mild detergent.

Washing machine / dryer will destroy your suit after a couple of cycles.

I wouldn't put a wetsuit in a washing machine, it will eventually damage the suit. Just rinse and soak in water with suit inside out with an appropriate sanitizer/disinfectant making sure that the water reaches the entire suit.

Wetsuit washing machine= large tote with a pair of hands rubbing.

Machine wash seems like overkill and unneeded wear and tear for the seams and seals in your suit.

A good soak in a tub with some Mirayme (https://www.amazon.com/s?k=mirazyime&i=amazon-devices&ref=nb_sb_noss), Sink the Stink, or similar enzymatic cleaner is all you need. Soak with a little mirayme, hang to dry, no rinse needed.

I do this with my dry suit as well once in a while when the inside starts to get funky. You most definitely can't machine wash a dry suit...

I use a front loading washing machine on the gentle/light cycle and suits are fine. Far less wear and tear than actually wearing the suit. Usually include and garments worn under the suit, gloves, socks, hood etc. too.

Back
Top Bottom