not a shearwater fan ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For me it's a toss between Shearwater and the Heinrichs Weihkamp (OSTC) computers. I own both, recently switched to a Perdix AI because the OSTC2 TR (AI model) failed to deliver reliable AI. Display on the OSTCs is better (bonded display, unlike the Perdix, so much higher viewing angle. Not a huge deal in practice, but noticable).

With the straps the Perdix is more comfy to wear on the wrist, with bungees the OSTCs are better. For some reason haven't found a way to make bungees comfortable on the Perdix.

Any love for the proplus x now that’s it’s sub1k ?
Or anyone using the Ratio iX3m? Looks like a reasonable alternative to SW.

I have an OSTC 2n which has served me well for years. The only time I had to send it back, because I dropped it, it was repaired and sent back to me within a day.

I also have a divecomputer.eu 'PPOS' which has unusable since August and their service is non existent.

But they're all a lot of money for the vast majority of divers who don't do staged deco or know what gradient factors are.

There are plenty of reliable, cheaper options with a nice screen

Hi, @ Saboteur, I have been using a Ratio iX3m for the last year and I'm very happy with it. Easy to use, reliable, big and bright display, regular firmware improvements, the information presented for technical divers is excellent (full deco table, etc...), gas switching is easy and comprehensive, good customer support (the company did implement a firmware improvement is suggested)

Hi, @ Saboteur, I have been using a Ratio iX3m for the last year and I'm very happy with it. Easy to use, reliable, big and bright display, regular firmware improvements, the information presented for technical divers is excellent (full deco table, etc...), gas switching is easy and comprehensive, good customer support (the company did implement a firmware improvement is suggested)
Appreciate that info...thanks

I saw mentioning of Divecomputer.eu, and can only share my very negative experience with their service & support. They actually kept my computer that I sent in mid March, and can not be contacted to send it back. They have completely ghosted me.

After seeing a notice of a HW issue that they posted on Facebook, I contacted them and got the message (after a long response time) that my unit was eligible for free upgrade, so I sent it in to them for the upgrade. I shipped my computer to them, and after some 10 days they picked it up (i can see who picked it up).

BUT: Now I can not get it back. They refuse to answer on their support-tickets. They refuse to answer on e-mail. They don't answer the phone. Or actually they did once answer the phone an said "yes, we will fix it on monday", and then went ghost again.

So. The company (Tecdiving Sp.) actually stole my computer. After almost 3 months I have little hope to ever see it again.

Avoid them, and go for a reputable company instead. Actually I would not buy any of the other products from them (such as the Light For Me products). My guess is that they have gone out-of-business (someone from the company can please correct me if I am wrong)

It is sad, because the product is actually quite good. Nice screen, decent build and good feature set.

I had a battery issue with one of my Terics. Was not holding charge correctly. I shipped it to Divetronics on the West Coast from NJ and they had it back to me within a few days. Not only did they repair it but they gave me a new face protector, battery, all accessories including a new case and did it all with a smile and concern for me, the customer. You just can’t beat the customer service from Shearwater. It’s incredible.

I had a battery issue with one of my Terics. Was not holding charge correctly. I shipped it to Divetronics on the West Coast from NJ and they had it back to me within a few days. Not only did they repair it but they gave me a new face protector, battery, all accessories including a new case and did it all with a smile and concern for me, the customer. You just can’t beat the customer service from Shearwater. It’s incredible.
My month old Teric died, just stopped turning on. I emailed them Monday morning and by Wednesday afternoon I had a brand new one in my hands, no questions asked, before I even shipped back the faulty unit.

Back
Top Bottom