Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You just noted what I'd consider a desirable feature. I'm told GPS signals don't work underwater, hence we don't have 'Garmin' reef maps to lead us around. Okay. But some dive log software will take GPS coordinates and put them on a map in your log. But active GPS functioning drains battery life faster.

Of course it would be a surface only thing, and be turned off while submerged.

Both computers are excellent and I will love it when they implement a sidemount mode for sac calculation. In the meantime, I use the gas used in each tank and calculate the average and then manually input that into my log software(macdive) and tell it I'm diving doubles. That gives me the sac in volume for the total dive but not for segments of the dive. I'd like to be able to highlight parts of the dive for better planning my gas needs on future dives.

Macdive has using both transmitters on their to do list.

For those finding this thread later, both my wife and I dive both the Teric and the Perdix. I seldom look at the Perdix. The Teric screen is excellent and the colors on the display help me to process all the different info quickly at a glance. I was surprised to find out my wife mostly looks at the Perdix. I believe based on our discussion that it relates to how her brain processes info compared to mine.

Do you by any wild chance have a photo showing the 2 computers side-by-side during a dive? We can look online at a photo of either, but it seems a big part of this decisions gets down to how they look on your wrist during a dive, compared to each other. That might help clarify the size advantage (Perdix) vs. display advantage (Teric).

Richard.

P.S.: You guys got to quit this mess...you're making we want stuff I don't need...:)

define need

I currently have a Perdix AI but after a recent scuba trip it has me rethinking about getting a Teric. I just find the bulk and shape of the Perdix strapped to my forearm not to my liking. I like the idea of the Perdix having a user replaceable battery and the large screen so I think I'll keep it as a backup computer. But I think the Teric is going to be my future and main dive computer, plus the ability to change font colors looks sick.

I like the fact that I put a Saft battery in my Perdix six months and 60 dives ago and it's still going strong. The Teric seems to be a nice computer, but I can't see any functional benefit over the Perdix.

beeps should be illegal on scuba.... I was diving with a high school last weekend and we had 30+ divers in the water. They all had audible alarms and no one could tell which one was going off so everyone started trying to chase their own computers and I thought I was going insane.... Haptics at least make you know it's your own computer...
I dive with a Citizen dive watch. It has an alarm for ascent rate that I can not turn off and is so sensitive that it will go off simply by me going to a vertical orientation and bringing my camera to my eye if I do it "too fast". The thing drives me nuts, but I can not turn the alarm off and I like too many other features to stop using it.
OTgxZWNiOS5qcGd8fHx8fHwyMTZ4MjkyfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

The Teric is more precise in some ways. It gives an ascent rate in a numeric fashion including a decimal place. It gives depth with a decimal place which is nice when using meters. Its compass function is much nicer not that the Perdix is a slouch. I wear both on the same arm but the Perdix is definitely the backup to the Teric.

Been following all the SW koolaid threads

questions for those who own
Can the Teric be used with another brand transmitter?
Will it function -minus pressure / tank function without the AI transmitter till I find one that’s not $400 ?
Those using either model are you using an additional SPG ?

The Teric can be used with any transmitter made by Pelagic Pressure Systems. They make transmitters for a number of other brands like Aqua Lung and Oceanic.

Yes it works fine without the transmitter, in fact the battery will last longer.

I use it with button gauges in sidemount, and a traditional SPG when in backmount.

Was just today diving with rebreather and Teric with transmitters. Just for trainings sake shut off my oxygen. Before even p02 went down I was alarmed by Terics vibrational alerts about low pressure, neat! Extra safety from vibration, which Perdix doesn't have. I was using dry suit too with thick underwear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom