Dive rite transplate harness.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver below 83

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have the chance to grab a new but old stock version of the dive rite transplate harness for $50. I’ve seen plenty of info on the newer updated model but I’m specifically trying to get some more info on the older model that came in three colors, black, red and blue. Does anyone have any first hand experience with the older models? Opinions good or bad? For $50 it’s basically the same as their new basic harness so I feel it’s worth it for me to grab assuming they weren’t crap. Thanks.

$50 isn't bad, but transplate harness is really not so comfortable. I had it when I started around 2009, so I guess I must have the old style. I later changed to one piece webbing simple harness. If I have to do it over again, I won't get transplate again

I have a Transpac and a Transplate. Very happy with both of them. At one time Northeast Scuba Supply had some of the colored ones. I bought a red one on clearance. I'm old, cranky, and my joints pop and clang when I move. The quick release buckles on the shoulder straps are a lifesaver sometimes.

Definately not crap. My Transpac is the older version and I bought it used. It was very used when I got it and I have put it through the ringer from dive travel, assisting openwater classes, and county dive team work. They are good products and I would buy again without hesitation.

Good luck,
Jay

I have a Transpac and a Transplate. Very happy with both of them. At one time Northeast Scuba Supply had some of the colored ones. I bought a red one on clearance. I'm old, cranky, and my joints pop and clang when I move. The quick release buckles on the shoulder straps are a lifesaver sometimes.

Definately not crap. My Transpac is the older version and I bought it used. It was very used when I got it and I have put it through the ringer from dive travel, assisting openwater classes, and county dive team work. They are good products and I would buy again without hesitation.

Good luck,
Jay

thanks for this, yes the red version model is exactly what I’m talking about. Also comes blue and black as well but that is the older model I’m looking at. So you haven’t had any issues personally? For the price I might just grab one of those and a normal harness to try both

Zero issues. Zip, nada, cero, bupkis....Capiche?? (said with the best fake Italian accent a redneck from West Texas can pull off)

I considered a standard harness with a slider, but am happy with my choice. For what it's worth, I'm really picky..to the point of OCD...about my gear. I'll keep adjusting and changing and modifying until it is perfect for me. I've never had a second thought about either of my rigs. Maybe that the shoulder pads are really unnecessary but not enough to pull them off.

Looks like John may have the red ones in Large left,

Large - Dive Rite Transplate Harness - Red -Large

On the upside, yours is $50. That's not even a decent bar tab. You will make bigger mistakes than that on gear purchases....I have a vintage set of Dacor Extreme regulators I'll sell you cheap. Lol.

Good luck

Jay

I think the only difference between the new transplate and the older models is narrower shoulder pads on the newer one. And some hardware differences like the pivot plates on the chest and where it connects to the waist belt.

If they have more than one let us know where. I would love to pick one up for $50! I am currently using Transpac and thinking about switching to a BPW.

Picked up that Lg red Transplate from Northeast that was linked above ($99.99 shipped). Running a DGX wing (20 something lift) with an Oxycheck travel plate and SP STA that I'll likely trim to lose a little weight. Harness went together without issues (once I watched the videos). Like it way better than the one-piece harness that it came with. Leaving a Stiletto that I put a bit over 600 dives on. Liked it a lot but never cared for the floppy little d-rings.

Switching from Trans Pac to Trans Plate. Do I need a single tank adapter for the Plate?

Thanks

Switching from Trans Pac to Trans Plate. Do I need a single tank adapter for the Plate?

Thanks

it depends on which wing you use. The requirement of STA's is determined by the wing itself when used on a standard backplate. If you use a Dive Rite wing, then it is highly recommended to use an STA for roll control.
One like this will be sufficient if you don't want to use a full metal STA
OMS Soft Stabilizing Adapter | Dive Gear Express®

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom