Apeks XTX50/Ocptopus XTX40 or Cressi MC9 SC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Venturi lever should be set at -ve for the octo or even on the primary but you should remember to switch it back to +ve(primary) after entering into water.
I would never set the cracking pressure of my octo down because it is the one that I breath in emergency.

Apeks.

I now tune my second stages equally, as mine have cracking adjustment knobs I just turn in the back up. With my unbalanced conshelfs I detune the back up.

I dive almost always the venturi OFF on the primary reg. I use it only when I need extra air due to workload. There is no harm using it but it is easier that I don't always need to switch it off before taking reg out when talking etc.

.... how detuned one's secondary needs to be that you can reliably dive with the venturi on and the secondary just hanging around never freeflowing? :confused:

Thank you very much for all the informations, I choosed the apex xtx200 since they were in offer at my scuba shop :)

Congratulations!! I wish you many decades of safe, happy and enjoyable diving!!!

Back
Top Bottom