new diver - first dive problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did get a lot of great info, though, especially the dive planning doc.

If you have questions/feedback, please let me know. I do ask that question a lot, but that's because it hasn't been out that long and I don't get much feedback!

You mentioned in your first post that you went over 100' and your air was draining much faster than during your training dives.
How much deeper than 100' did you actually go?
As others have said you seem to have task loaded yourself a lot during your first dive, and also decided to do it solo.
All above, bad ideas.

We're all happy you're still here and decided to share this experience, and it looks like you learned a lot from it.
Look forward to seeing more from you on this board. :)

Have any of us explained why the air in the tank breathes down faster the deeper you are?

because at those depths and under certain circumstances many of us are possibly sphinctering a little bit

Have any of us explained why the air in the tank breathes down faster the deeper you are?
I think we all assumed that was taught in the OW class.
Why I mentioned it was because it was emphasized that it was draining much faster than during training.
IMO that doesn't fit the bill for the difference between 60 and 100 feet.
Much faster means at least twice as fast or more, but that's my personal opinion...

I think we all assumed that was taught in the OW class.
Why I mentioned it was because it was emphasized that it was draining much faster than during training.
IMO that doesn't fit the bill for the difference between 60 and 100 feet.
Much faster means at least twice as fast or more, but that's my personal opinion...

We all know that it should have been taught but it wasn't until your post that a lightbulb went off in my head. I didn't feel like reviewing the whole thread to see if adequately explained. Lol

We all know that it should have been taught but it wasn't until your post that a lightbulb went off in my head. I didn't feel like reviewing the whole thread to see if adequately explained. Lol
Oh, so you were expecting the rest of us to put in the work and check.

I see how it works now.

:wink::p:D:D:eek::eek::thumb::thumb::surrender:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom