BCD cleaning after a dive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the response... I live in a condo so tying to fill with the shower head is painful. I need to figure out some kind of universal connection to the tub faucet where I can use a small hose. Any ideas?
upload_2019-10-24_11-54-30.jpeg

If you can, just do a couple of fresh water dives after the ocean. problem solved. That's why I always schedule my cenote dives at the end of any Isla or Coz trips.

maybe try really stretchy chemistry tubing?

Thanks for the response... I live in a condo so tying to fill with the shower head is painful. I need to figure out some kind of universal connection to the tub faucet where I can use a small hose. Any ideas?
View attachment 546524

Available at Walmart: Adapter

I've not found it inconvenient to just put the inflator/mouth fitting opening right under the tub spigot with my thumb on the deflate button, and put in enough fresh water to slosh around. If you squeeze the BC empty of air before refilling, it'll "inhale" the water a little and speed up the fillilng. Then mouth-inflate it full with air. Shake, tumble, rinse-- and repeat once or twice, activating all the dump valves to run fresh water through them. It takes less time than typing this.

Side note--I don't "fill" the BC, nor try to, it would take forever. Just a few cups of fresh water to slosh around to get the salt out. You can "taste" when it's salt-free.

And I'm usually submerging and passive-rinsing the BC (and rest of my gear) just before doing this.

View attachment 546524

Don't overthink it. Lay BCD front side down in tub, stretch inflator hose up to faucet, depress deflate button and fill. Your BCD comes with a perfectly good hose :wink:

You may be disappointed in the fill rate. I have one, but abandoned it, because you have to stand there with the inflator button depressed to fill the bcd thru a pinhole in the inflator fitting. The big hose fools you.
But others like it, so see what you think.

No truer words spoken. I have one and while I still use it, dang does it take forever to fill! I'd still recommend using it as it flushes stuff out pretty well with fresh, clean water. Just be patient.

No truer words spoken. I have one and while I still use it, dang does it take forever to fill! I'd still recommend using it as it flushes stuff out pretty well with fresh, clean water. Just be patient.

I remember reading this after i bought it.
Oh well. I'll give it a shot next time.
Even if it only flushes out the schrader valve and inflate mechanism. I can still pour water down the hose like i did before if its too slow.

Don't overthink it. Lay BCD front side down in tub, stretch inflator hose up to faucet, depress deflate button and fill. Your BCD comes with a perfectly good hose :wink:
funny I’ve never tried under the tub faucet just the shower head which doesn’t work well, inflator mechanism gets in the way even with valve open... I’ll try it next time. thanks

Do you have a front loading washing machine? :wink:

https://www.amazon.com/Scuba-Choice...P7Q2AXAGEEA&psc=1&refRID=TTTCCDB77P7Q2AXAGEEA

Innovative BC Flush Hose

Bc Flush Adapter w/ Hose , Piranha Dive Shop |

You can also eassily make one with a pvc pipe that will fit in the vent. remove teh vent insert teh pipe with a hose attachment on it. probably cost 5 bucks to make but that dies not run water through the fill air connection

THE BEST IDEA YET IS TO find an old 1/2" garden hose and cut the 3-4" end off it. If its a bad hose to begin with it cost yo nothing remove the pull vent and flush with a full stream.

Back
Top Bottom