What is your definition of a Cattle Boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boats packed with bunks actually do fit my personal definition of cattleboat, no matter how great they are for freedom&flexibility. You'd never catch me on one as I like my space and creature comforts too much to enjoy that, plus I'm a bit claustrophobic. (I can't even sleep on the wall side of a lower double bunk on the common Aggressor-type setup, I make my husband sleep there. :sleeping:

On the upside, it's pretty easy to tell what you're getting in that department, while it's more possible for things like diver-herding to be a surprise if you don't do your research.

I have had my own method of dealing with those situations, whether on a boat or elsewhere. I grew up on a small dairy farm and can still make an excellent imitation of a annoyed cow. If done properly no one figures out where it came from.

I know of someone who just farts to clear space, seems to work for her :fart:

Right on! And how many sharks do cattle kill?? Or vice-versa?? Inquiring divers don't really want to know. Or do they??

The cattle dont get killed by the sharks, because the cattle are on the boat.
The cattle boat could however hit a shark and kill it

If anything, sharks save cattle by taking the occasional human out of circulation...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom