Ice diving in White sea,Russia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MUNINSI

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi:
Im interested in having a ice diving in white sea ,Russia and having a opportunity to dive with Beluga whales. Im looking for a nice dive shop to go. so if someone can help it would much appreciate.

Yup! Me too. Watching this thread. If someone has already done this, Id love to hear from you.

Russia is a hell of a hike, but I'll keep an eye on this. Sounds interesting.

id love to hear some tales also pics would be great , with gear config ,and type of gear , techniques etc

Have a look at "The Arctic Circle " Lodge & Dive center.

Couple of years ago , after being dragged to my friend's "back to the roots" trip around Russia, we visited a tiny village and heard of the opportunity to ice dive not far away.

We called up the lodge and luckily enough they had a room to spare.

We ended up giving a local the equivalent of 80$ to take us there in his old, half broken soviet era car. It was a terrible mistake as the roads for the most part are broken down gravel roads, the journey took hours and was really uncomfortable.
We later learned you can have transfers to a different location much closer to a main road, but we didint originally plan on going there so had no other travel choice

My friend had a blast diving in the ice and came back exalted , i on the other hand spent my time drinking warm coco on the porch after slipping and breaking my arm after just 20 minutes of getting to the lodge :oops: (avoid sneakers on the ice)

Overall it was a nice experience, we spent only 1 night and i was bummed about not being able to dive in the Ice but im definitely planning to come back one day.

Rooms were nice, staff were nice, prices were not too bad

Have a look at "The Arctic Circle " Lodge & Dive center.

Couple of years ago , after being dragged to my friend's "back to the roots" trip around Russia, we visited a tiny village and heard of the opportunity to ice dive not far away.

We called up the lodge and luckily enough they had a room to spare.

We ended up giving a local the equivalent of 80$ to take us there in his old, half broken soviet era car. It was a terrible mistake as the roads for the most part are broken down gravel roads, the journey took hours and was really uncomfortable.
We later learned you can have transfers to a different location much closer to a main road, but we didint originally plan on going there so had no other travel choice

My friend had a blast diving in the ice and came back exalted , i on the other hand spent my time drinking warm coco on the porch after slipping and breaking my arm after just 20 minutes of getting to the lodge :oops: (avoid sneakers on the ice)

Overall it was a nice experience, we spent only 1 night and i was bummed about not being able to dive in the Ice but im definitely planning to come back one day.

Rooms were nice, staff were nice, prices were not too bad
LOL, really quite interesting expperience

Following....anyone want to buy a kidney? Asking for a friend....

White Sea--I actually know where that is. Where would you dive out of, Arhangel'sk?

Back
Top Bottom