OM-D E-M5 Mark III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steyr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So the EM5 Mark III has been announced and it looks like a pretty awesome camera (though not cheap). Has anyone seen any information on if/when Olympus will release an underwater housing for it (as they did with the mark ii)?

I'm wondering the same thing. I did some searching and found the original press release for the mkII, and in it they mentioned the underwater housing as a related accessory. The fact that Olympus doesn't list a housing in the press release for the mkIII is not a good sign. I really hope they're not getting out of the housing business...

I don't think they released a housing for the EM10 Mark III either. Hmm.

I would not expect an Olympus housing for the EM-5 III but if they do a housing for EM-5 III or EM-1 III I hope they standardize the port mount with the Olympus PT-EP14 style port mount. They have excellent direct mount ports for the Olympus 8mm fisheye and 60mm macro. The rest of the ports work with an adapter and often can't be easily found.

I would expect housings from Ikelite, Isotta and Nauticam perhaps more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom