Monterey conditions. (let's keep it going )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two dives at the Breakwater this morning. Some surface chop, but smoothed out the deeper you got. 10-15ft vis. Warm at the surface but cooled off after 30ft.
Looking out this afternoon the conditions seem to have flattened out a bit more.

10-11-19 Great dive at Pt. Lobos. Explored two coal chute caves and had a harbor seal chewing on my scooter nose.
harbor seal mouth Lobos 10-11-19.JPG

Attachments

• harbor seal face Lobos 10-11-19.JPG
    harbor seal face Lobos 10-11-19.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 131
  • harbor seal eye Lobos 10-11-19.JPG
    harbor seal eye Lobos 10-11-19.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 113
  • Curious harbor seal Lobos 10-11-19.JPG
    Curious harbor seal Lobos 10-11-19.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 123
walk in walk out, hazy 30ft vis at monastery. more urchin than last month, doesn't look good.

Did North Monastery Chutes today. A little rough but not bad. Walking out is a lot easier when you have a little bit bigger waves. Vis was best around the point. A hazy 25 ft vis. Water looks like it wants to get green. No Molas getting cleaned today. Breakwater still looked ugly from the surface. Second dive was walking through Monterey Bay Aquarium. There was a Mola at the Aquarium which is always cool to see.

Dove breakwater yesterday. Lake flat, nasty green water, maybe 5ft vis. Now wind and swell are both up. Good conditions for squinting through you mask the whole dive and putting your gauges up to the lens to see them.

I found this interesting weight belt on my dive at San Carlos Beach today. Let me know if it belongs to you.

Attachments

• Weightbelt10.25.2019.png
    Weightbelt10.25.2019.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
They all have their initials on the equipment they rent. I don't see any. Also, it's bashed up a bit. I don't know any local shops that rent equipment like that.

North Monastery: an optimistic eight feet, with a surge; diving by Braille. Once again, not a Chamber of Commerce Day in Carmel.

Safer to be in the water, by far; almost clipped by a texting dimbo in a rented RV, while changing along HWY-1 . . .

Another beautiful, warm day at Point Lobos. Tide was in and it was calm. We decided to explore Coal Chute Cove and revisit the two larger cavers. Vis was pretty good; 15-20 feet, sometimes hazy. Water temp. 51 degrees. As we neared the back, left side of the cove we saw what appeared to be a cave but no such luck. The ocean floor there was very barren, just lots of rocks, and shallow. Next time I'll remember to put Rain X on my camera housing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom