Instabuddy diving with a mirror

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve been steadily stripping kit over the past six months but I think this is a worthy addition.

It’ll save me a lot of helo turns on dives and allow me to self-check my manifold at 5m or 50m.

I’ve been steadily stripping kit over the past six months but I think this is a worthy addition.

It’ll save me a lot of helo turns on dives and allow me to self-check my manifold at 5m or 50m.
Why would you need to look at your manifold ?

I require my solo students to have a mirror. Allows you to do bubble and gear checks in the water. For wreck classes/diving I use them to check openings I don't want to stick my head in right away. Insert mirror and light, check for hazards, then in I go.

solo divers will wear a small one on the wrist to be able to see any gas leaks.
why cant you roll onto your back and look to see bubbles rising

Really? Call me lazy, but when I'm spearfishing, I prefer a quick glance at my wrist instead of rolling with a gun and a stringer of fish and then trying to divine if any bubbles are coming from my 1st stage. KISS

Really? Call me lazy, but when I'm spearfishing, I prefer a quick glance at my wrist instead of rolling with a gun and a stringer of fish and then trying to divine if any bubbles are coming from my 1st stage. KISS
oh ok i was only thinking of starting the dive - after that you just check you spg

How do you mount this? Where did you get it please?

That wouldn’t be very efficient for me. Although I aim to fly my twinset like a crop duster aircraft, I recognize it’s still a large airfreighter.

Roll method: Hold my breath until the last exhalation clears my immediate space, roll over, check to see if there are any bubbles, resume breathing and roll back over. That’s going to interrupt ideal breathing.

Mirror method: Slightly raise wrist to check. No interruption to ideal breathing.

Every liter counts. Choice is clear for me.

That wouldn’t be very efficient for me. Although I aim to fly my twinset like a crop duster aircraft, I recognize it’s still a large airfreighter.

Roll method: Hold my breath until the last exhalation clears my immediate space, roll over, check to see if there are any bubbles, resume breathing and roll back over. That’s going to interrupt ideal breathing.

Mirror method: Slightly raise wrist to check. No interruption to ideal breathing.

Every liter counts. Choice is clear for me.
you make it sound so dramatic- on the descent you just roll to one side and look back - a continuous stream off bubbles is very different from an exhale- no breath hold and no pause -you do it once then get on with the dive but if a mirror works for you ......spg decides the rest of the dive

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom