Trip Report 8 Day Trip Report: Sand Dollar, Dive Friends

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the awesome Freeport drrich. I stayed at the sand dollar in 1999 when there were outbuildings and the Green Parrot restaurant. I was wondering how it was now.

Awesome report/review and wow! Seeing a manta in person must have been a thrill! I've never seen one diving and it's up there in wishful encounters!

Thanks for the good TR.....looking fwd to our 6th trip back there sometime summer 2020.

What a treat it is to read your trip report! I am curious though, dying to see what your 'birth control sunglasses' really look like:wink:

Those big black $20 ones sold at Walmart, I think the sticker on them says 'Solar Shield' or some such, and they fit over one's regular glasses. Since many people are used to thin-framed glasses, I imagine it looks like a pair of sunglasses crossbred with a scuba mask!

Richard.

Great write up! I am going back tomorrow, can't wait. Wow, the Zhung Kong supermarket looks so different. I am surprised that you didn't mention Bobbejan's. That is our absolute favorite restaurant on the island, especially the ribs. You can get a huge box for take out for around $6.00, walk over to the waterside, find a bench and chow down. Only open on weekends though. I hope it's still there...

I’m not a ribs person, but I’ve seen Bobbejan’s praised often on ScubaBoard, and I noticed it a time or two when driving.

Also noticed Bon Appetit was still there, a Chinese restaurant I used to eat at.

This trip was almost all about diving. Didn’t do much restaurant sampling, though Eddy’s and Breeze ‘N Bites were new to me.

I still miss City Cafe and Wil’s Grill from years past.

I will confirm two things @drrich2 stated in his write-up: 1. Sand Dollar is a great, central place to stay and 2. Bonaire is awesome! :yeahbaby:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom