Scubapro balanced adjustable 156

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Open Ocean Diver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello, I bought a Scubapro 156 and 108 HP with an Mk10 in great condition all serviced ready to go... can’t wait to try them. I was wondering originally what first stage did the 156 come with?

Thanks,

Kevin

Yes, but in 1985, when the BA came on the market, it was offered also with the MK7, MK9 and MK10.......
Actually, since the BA became only in 1997 its new number 11-156-000 and therefore is also called until today sometimes '156', the 'original' 1st for the '156' was the MK20.
But I guess the TO is writing about a BA........

Nice! I've use 156's converted from 109's and Mk5's for decades.

Yes, but in 1985, when the BA came on the market, it was offered also with the MK7, MK9 and MK10.......
Actually, since the BA became only in 1997 its new number 11-156-000 and therefore is also called until today sometimes '156', the 'original' 1st for the '156' was the MK20.
Hey, axxel! Nice summary!

Thanks Rob!
If understood it right, the new number '156' was introduced, because the BA got its CE Certification in that year.
So true '156's could have a CE stamp or sticker somewhere on the case.
Apart from that the case and the exhaust tee is supposed to be a bit different to the old '150s'
I own about ten '109er', some converted, but only two original 'BAs'. I can't find any CE stamp on these, but maybe someone else here can on his.......
Cannot be too many since the production was stopped in 1998, but I'd like to see one.....:)

I think (but i'm not sure) there were some of the latest generation balanced/adjustables shipped with MK15s as well. That's my current cave set up, but I also have a pair of MK10s and a DIN pair of MK5s just in case I live for a hundred years and need to replace any of them.

lets not even bring up the discussion of what is stashed away.....

It is BA, thanks for the info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom